U.S.S.R. x Reader- Inferno Inspiration

<<Chapter art credit to PhosphenFlos>>
(WWII era)
Warning: death, injury, guns, and shooting ahead.

You have been married to Soviet Union for quite a long time. Fourteen years to be exact. The both of you had been through so much, it was hard to imagine life without him. Now, you had to endure being by his side as he launched the union into the war. At first, operations went easy, considering the alliance with Third Reich.

However, that was not the case anymore. Desperate for resources in the winter, Third Reich broke the pact held between him and U.S.S.R., by invading the south territory. Yes, it is a dumb mistake to attack Soviet territory in the winter. Whether it be by frostbite or bullets, the Reich's army was slaughtered. You and your husband were working to throw out the last of the remaining enemies.

You and U.S.S.R. were watching the pathetic Nazis retreat into their territory, on the outskirts of the nearest city. Tanks, planes, and troops rumbled as they marched into the distance. Unknown to you, Soviet Union had turned around and ventured away from your side, and into the local surplus facility. It was a large, poll barn-like structure.

A few shouts yanked your attention away from the Nazis retreating.

"For Deutchland!" and a wall of flames erupted in your eyes.

Four straggling Nazis could be seen stomping around the building, trying to destroy what they could. They set fire to the storage facility.

"Not on my watch." You reached for the revolver on your belt holster.

In a split second, you had it drawn and shot one in the head. The remaining three turned on you. You dashed to the ground, evading the oncoming bullet shower. You whipped out the gun again, and shot two down. One to go.

Rolling away from behind a barrel, you quarreled with the straggler. He shot again, but to no avail. You popped him in the forehead, dead. Unfazed by the ferocity of war, you rushed forward into the burning building. More shouting emitted from within.

You pushed the door open to see hungry flames devouring almost everything. Shielding yourself from the smoke as best as you could, you stomped further into the simulated hell. Dodging the smolders, you found your husband and another soldier injured. They were trapped under a fallen beam. Summoning the last bit of strength you had left, you pushed it off of them. Relieved, the young soldier got up and smashed the nearest window for an escape route.

U.S.S.R. was still collapsed onto the ground, so you had to lean him onto your shoulder. Moving forward, it was difficult to dodge more falling beams and large splinters of wood. Heaving Soviet Union to the ledge, you were forced to shove him out the window, four feet below to the snowy ground. He landed harshly, and you followed suit.

Medical aid arrived quickly, and you and U.S.S.R. were treated.

"Darling," he breathed, "you saved me."

Taking his bandaged hand, you nuzzled into his chest.

"I would do it over and over for you."