Chapter 5

They've been flying for 17 hours, the sun was shining, the team was a little board, and the plane ride was also a little awkward.  Hellion barely looked at Lucy, Ethel tried to break the tension by extending her hand to Lucy.

“I’m Ethel, nice to meet you.” Lucy looked at the hand, and didn’t shake it.

“What’s your name?” She tried to continue the conversation.

Lucy still ignored her.  Link leaned over to her expanding his words like he was talking to a toddler

    “Do...you...speak...english??”

Lucy looked at him, leaned over to him placed her fingers on his cheek like a mother would do to a child, and lit her fingers on fire, he leaped back in pain.

“Yes, I do.” Lucy said

Link feels his cheek again then quickly move his hand back after hearing a sizzle noise.  Hellion looked over at Lucy with God why? On his face, Link took notice of that.

          “So, earlier, Helly over here called you “mom.” Care to explain?”

Lucy had nothing better to do, so she enlightened them with the story.

       “20 years ago, I was reading an ancient text about a demon who was born from hell, and was sent to earth to protect the people there.  Then a soldier was sent to the Underworld, his name tags said “Samuel Harris.” His right forearm had been removed, and his forehead suffered a great deal of damage, beyond human repair.  My demons were ready to take him away to his very own cell, but I could see that he wasn't ready to die yet.”

       Hellion looked away from the conversation, as flashbacks from the battle came back to him.  Lucy continued

       “So I replaced his forehead with the horns of one of the greatest demon fighters ever to walk the Underworld, and the hand… I used the idea from the ancient text of the warrior, and gave him the stone hand but made my own adjustments, he could be able to shrink it back to normal size and could tell it when to grow. That was the obvious fixed, while he still had scares, internal bleeding, and other wounds from the blast, I just put on demonic signs / tattoos to cover them up and heal them. ”

       Ethel looked at Lucy with interest.  “And, what was the name of the warrior demon that wield the stone fist?”

       “Hellboy.” Lucy stated.

       “Son of a bitch!” Hellion heard that part, and wasn't happy.  “You gave me my hand from a comic book?”

       “Hey he sounded like a badass.”

       “Yeah, he was a badass, but that doesn't mean you can just take something from a comic and call it your own.”

       The pilot interrupted the two as they were arguing.

       “I don't mean to interrupt this little family reunion, but we're finally here.”

They all went to the front of the plane to see through the window, and sure enough they saw Riverside State park in Spokane WA.

    They landed in Deep Creek Canyon, got out of the plane, Hellion did his usual thing of reminding everyone what the mission was.