Chapter 7

Lucy and Hellion stand next to each other, Lucy looked at Hellion “You sure you want to do this?”

    “It’s my job.”

    “Alrighty.” She held Hellion by the waist, opened her wings, and they took off for the top of the dodecahedron, up there they saw a dozen demons with swords, axes, and spears. Flying over them was a flock of Demon Flyers, they had the head of a K-9, the body of a wolf man, wings of a bat, and they seemed torn a bit. Standing over them was a demon not like the others, he looked to be the same height as Hellion, on his left hand he has a grey stone forearm, and instead of a hand there was a blade.

    “Geeze, look at scars on this guy, he got some stories to tell.” Hellion said

    “That's Torngamb, you're half brother.” Lucy said

    “Hold on...half brother????”

    “I may have used his brother's horns to fix your head.”

Hellion looked at Lucy with disappointment in his face “Now she tells me.”

They land on the top of the dodecahedron, as they land, the demon's charge them with weapons pointed at them, Lucy raised her hand, stopping them in their tracks, Torngamb stands from his throne to see why they stopped, Lucy looked in his direction

    “Torngamb, I've come to bargain!”

    “...now you're stealing lines from movies.”

    “That’s from a movie?”

    “Nvm,” Hellion said “We’ve come to stop you from destroying the world and using it for your playground.”

Torngamb looked at Hellion in disappointment, then looked at Lucy “This is the guy you chose to send back to earth instead of me? I’ve been loyal to you for years, and you choose some human you’ve met for 5 seconds.”

“I chose him for a reason, Torngamb you need to stop this pointless war before it even happens.” Lucy said

“There’s no stopping this, the apocalypse has come, and it’s time for the humans to either suffer or die.”

Hellion was confused “Suffer or die? You’re not giving them a lot of options are you?”

“Shut it half breed.  The choice is yours Mother, join me or die and give up the right of Devil.”

Lucy looked at Torngamb, flames started to surround her hands “Looks like it’s gonna have to be death.”

“As you wish.” Torngamb raised his left hand, blade pointed towards the two “ SHŪ MARL DŌ!!! (Kill them)”

Demons charged at the two, one threw a spear at Hellion, he caught it with his stone hand and threw it back at him, stabbing the demon in the heart, Lucy flew up and burned 5 other demons, Hellion shot 1, it didn’t kill him but it slowed him down, he ran up to the demon, jumped and striked the demon with an uppercut using his stone hand, he grabbed the demon’s sword and used it to stab him.  3 other demons came charging at Hellion, he held the sword high and charged back, he chopped off one demon’s hand, stabbed the other one in the stomach, and made an upwards cut on the last demon as he took the sword out of the demon’s stomach through the side, the one handed demon came running again, Hellion changed the direction of the sword and threw it across like a javelin and implode the demon all the way through the chest leaving a big hole as blood spilled all over the floor and he fell in it.  The other three came running towards him, then out of nowhere, Lucy shot a massive fireball burning them all to the ground, Hellion looked at her in confusion.

“Why the hell have you not given any effort in this fight?”

“I’m the Devil, this is easy stuff.” She looked behind Hellion, she saw that

Torngamb wasn’t there but in the air, coming down fast “Hellion move!!” She shoved him out of the way, Torngamb landed sending them flying backwards Hellion was the first to get back up, he looked at Torngamb, ran towards him about to strike him down, Torngamb blocked Hellion’s round house punch, then returned it with a powerful jab, sent Hellion flying backwards near Lucy, Torngamb walked up to them, looked at Hellion “You may wear my brother’s horns, but that does not make us related.”  He raised his left hand and was about to stab Hellion, if Lucy hadn’t jumped in the way.

“Noooo!!!”

The blade went through her chest, Torngamb leaned near her ear.

“Rrás nartkł.  (Good bye mother.)”

Hellion ran over to pick her up and make her stay awake, she was conscious long enough to fly back down to the ground where the town was, Ethel and Link were still standing gaurd but they saw how weak Lucy was, she collapsed on the ground taking Hellion with her.

    “Come on Lucy stay with me.” He held her head up and Ethel placed a pillow in the ground for her head to rest “Stay with me!”

    “It's too late for me.” Lucy said

    “Come on it can't end like this. He has the devil's power now, he can open the portal and cause the apocalypse.”

Lucy struggled for air as she kept talking “You...really are….stupid aren't...you.”

    “What do you mean?” Hellion said

    “You don't just kill the devil and automatically become it...you have to be...chosen first.” She coughed for a while then continued “Why do th think...I kept you alive?”

Hellion was shocked that she chose him.

    “Why did you chose me?”

    “Because I saw something in you...I saw an urge to punish the wicked...be the one who can take my place when I die...and now…” she placed her hand on his stone hand, red flames went from her hand to his “I give you the power, the strength, and...the title of...Devil.” And with that final breath, she passed.