Who hurt you?

"Oh no..." Betty sighed in frustration as she looked in the mirror. She was in the girls bathrooms at school and she was trying to cover up a bruise on her cheek. One of the Ghoulies had cornered her after lunch and after Betty fought back, he'd hit her. She'd ran to the bathrooms and used whatever she had left of her concealer to try and cover it up so that jughead or anyone else would notice; she didn't want to cause a scene. Unfortunately for her, the Makeup didn't much and you could see clear as day the bruise with a small cut on her pale cheek. She sighed and went to her last resort; she pulled out a hoodie she had and put in her, pulling up the hood to hopefully hide it a little.

After the she left the bathroom she made her way to her next lesson; English. She shared this class with jughead, Veronica, Archie, Kevin, fangs and sweetpea so when she walked in slightly late, they all looked at her curiously. "Sorry I'm late" Betty apologised to the teacher and took a seat away from her friends and at the front of class. The class passed slowly and she could feel the burning eyes of her boyfriend and friends from behind her. Betty kept her eye on the clock; when the lesson ended they all had a free period and Betty could sneak off to the blue and gold so no one could see her face. "Okay class you're dismissed for today" the teacher announced and Betty rushed off.

"What the hell was that?" Jughead said when the others watched Betty run off. "I have no idea, she was acting really strange and she had a hoodie on!" Veronica said. "We have a free lesson now and we normally go to the student lounge so maybe she's there?" Fangs suggested and they all left. When they got to the student lounge they didn't see Betty; the only ones were Cheryl and Toni. "Have you seen Betty?" Archie asked and they shook their head. "The last time I saw cousin Betty was before lunch" Cheryl said. "How come you're looking for her?" Toni asked and jughead told them about what had happened in class. "Come on we'll all look for her" Toni said standing up. "Where could she be?" Kevin said. "The blue and gold!" They all said in unison.

They spotted Betty sat at a desk in the blue and gold, her hood was up and she was looking in a little mirror. "Betts?" Jug said and it made her Jump, dropping the mirror. "Erm.. what are you all doing here?" She said, stuttering which confused everyone more, she wasn't even lifting her head up. "Because dear cousin... you're acting weird" Cheryl spoke up. "Yeah What's going on?" Sweetpea said as everyone stepped into the room. "Nothing!" Betty said Quickly and stood up. "What's wrong betts?" Jug said, growing even more cornered about his girlfriends behaviour. "Nothing! I'm.. fine... I have to go!" She said and rushed towards the door, her head still down. Jughead was quicker though and gently grabbed her and spun her around, her face finally showing. The room suddenly went quiet as everyone was horrified by what they were looking at. Jughead dropped her wrist and barked out "who hurt you?". Betty didn't say anything but just let the tears she had been holding since lunch fall. "Betty..." jughead said again. "Who the hell hurt you?". Betty just sobbed and Veronica quickly pulled her into her arms and let her cry. "Jughead you getting angry isn't going to help right now" Veronica said jughead snapped out of his rage and realised his girlfriend needed him. "Come here betts" he said gently and pulled her into his arms, wrapping her up and pressing kisses to her head as she cried. "You're Okay... I've got you baby" he comforted. "Baby what happened?" He asked. "A... a..g.." she started but her breathing was too erratic. "Woah. Hey baby.. breath shh you're okay... just breathe with me" Jug said as she followed his breaths. "Can someone get her some water?" Jug asked and Toni hurried to get some. "Maybe we should sit her down jug" Archie said and jug nodded and moved Betty to the couch when she started to calm down. Toni handed a grateful Betty the water and when she was calm she told them what happened. "A Ghoulie cornered me in the hall and was yelling about the serpents and how I was a serpent slut and when I tried to push him off he hit me" she cried. "I'm gonna kill him!" Sweetpea yelled. "How dare he touch my cousin!" Cheryl demanded. Everyone was raging and Betty grabbed Jugheads hand. "I'm so sorry this happened baby" jug said and kissed her softly. "It's not your fault" she sniffed. "Everyone's angry" Betty said looking around. "Of course they are betts...we love you" he smiled.