Chapter 4 'Studying '

Later that Monday, I was back in my dorm room, when a loud knock came from the door. I was thinking it was Mott forgetting his keys once again, but I was taken aback when I opened the door to see who it actually was.
      'Mott, how many times do I  need to remind you...'
Cean pushed the door fully open, 'Who's Mott? Oh wait, is he that guy who was here when I dropped you off the other night?'
   I nodded, 'Uh, yeah. He's my roommate.'
'I see. Where is he now?,' Cean asked trying to look in the room.
          'I don't know, he is probably with his girlfriend  or with his mates,' I shrugged. 'By the way, why are you here?'
  'Aren't we studying together?'
          'Wait. You were being serious then? I thought it was a joke to get out of shopping with that girl. By the way is she your girlfriend or something?'
  'Oh I was being serious. I may have used you as an excuse, but I didn't lie. And are you talking about Queenie?'
I nodded, 'Yeah,who is she?'
  Cean bent down to look me in the eyes, 'Are you jealous?' I quickly looked away from his gaze, then he ruffled my hair and laughed, 'Don't worry. Queenie and I just grew up together. Our families know one another. Her and I are not together. She wishes we were though, but I don't believe in being with someone I have no feelings for. Anyway, are you going to let me in or what?'

    Cean made his way into the room. He was looking around assessing his surroundings. I didn't know how I should act around him, so I went to my desk and opened up my text book to what we went over in class. Cean came up from behind me, and breathe into my neck making my hairs stand up on end. I jumped suddenly remembering that night at the bar.
   'Oh hey, are you okay? I didn't mean to scare you.'

    I nodded and said I was fine. I was remembering bits and pieces from that night, but there was one part I wished to forget entirely, and it was the part I remembered in the most detail. I didn't want Cean to worry about me, so I quickly changed the subject.
'We should probably, go over these equations. They will be on the next exam,' I mentioned handing Cean a pad of paper and a pencil. He took them, and pulled a chair up beside me while I explained the questions. We studied until late in the night. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up with a note next to me.
                   Koy, hey sorry I left before saying goodbye.  I didn't want to wake you. Anyway, thanks for the study session. See you in class tomorrow
                            -Cean
    I smiled and held the note close to my heart. I snapped back to reality when Mott finally entered the room. 
  'What's wrong with you,' Mott asked.
I quickly said nothing before hiding the note, and jumping into bed. I had no idea what was wrong with me, but I knew whenever I thought about Cean I felt a happiness I never felt before in my life. Was this a sign of being in love?