Chapter 7 'Truth'

Cean took me back in time, so I could go to my second class. I didn't know what to say to him after everything. One thing I did know for sure was that he liked me. I wasn't sure if liking him back made me gay, but as long as I was with him; I didn't care.
     After school I went back to my room. I heard voices coming from the other side. I opened the door to find Mott and Star playing some online game on his laptop.
     'Hey, Mott. Hey, Star,' I waved at them. Star looked up and gasped, 'Koy, what happened to your face?! Are you alright, hun?'

    Mott paused the game. I told them it was fine. That I had tripped earlier. I excused myself to the bathroom in order to get away from the conversation. I know they care, but I didn't want them to worry.
     So much happened today. From being slapped to kissed all in the same hour. I kept thinking about that kiss, and Cean. I wished he was with me. And, as if the fates were listening my phone binged with a Line message.
                    LifeofSilence24: Hey this is Cean. I got your line contact from your roommate the other day. I wasn't sure if you were feeling the same about me, so I didn't add you till now. I wanted to ask you if you would like to go out with me this weekend. It's up to you though. Anyway think about it, night. 💟

    I felt my face blushing, and I replied immediately that I would be happy to go out with him this weekend. I held my phone to my chest; I couldn't believe I was going on my first date with Cean. I came out of the bathroom and I must have had a giddy look on my face because Star made a comment.
        'Oi, you look like you're in love. Who's the lucky girl? Come on, you can tell us.'
'Star, knock it off. He doesn't have to tell us. I am sure whoever it is will be lucky to have someone like Koy liking them,' Mott said in my defense.
      'I was just teasing him a bit, Mott. No need to get all offensive about it. Anyway it's getting late. Bye, babe. See you later, Koy.' Star soon left to go home.
   'Hey Koy, let's talk,' Mott sat me down on the bed in front of him. 'I know something is going on with you. You've been acting strange ever since that night we all went out. You do understand that I am your best friend, and you can tell me anything, right?'

   I nodded and decided then to tell Mott about everything from me being nearly raped by a complete stranger to Queenie hitting me. I even mentioned about my feelings for Cean, and how scared I was that I might be gay. Mott never interrupted; he listened intently until I was finished. Then wiping the tears away from my face I waited for him to say something. He took a deep breath before he began to speak.
         'First of all I am glad you are alright. I am so sorry I wasn't there for you at the bar that night. But, what that guy tried to do to you was not your fault. I am just glad someone was there to stop it from going further. Also about this Queenie girl, don't let her bully you because she is jealous. Keep your head up, okay buddy? As for your feelings for Cean, they're perfectly normal. Also Star and I had a feeling you liked him, but we wanted to wait till you told at least one of us. She was just teasing you about being in love with a girl earlier. If you like him then you like him. Also, you should not be scared about being gay especially around me. You're my best friend; I will always have your back no matter what. Mott came over and hugged me,' You will be okay. And also that Cean is a great guy. He asked me for your Line by the way. I did give it to him. Didn't think you'd mind.'

   I shook my head indicating that I didn't mind, and I showed Mott the message Cean sent me asking me out on a date. Mott slapped me on the back congratulating me. I never felt so lucky to have a friend like him in my life.