Reunion

While Toothless and Luna were suffering through the hardships of their oldest son, Stephanie and Eclipse were watching the scene unfold behind a pair of bioluminescent pillars.

"Is that Shadow?" Stephanie commented as she watched the black figure come to the Crystal Throne.

"I think so," Eclipse responded, "But I can't tell. It could be Dad."

"What's he doing?" Stephanie asked.

"Torture, most likely," Eclipse guessed.

Suddenly, the dragon lifted his head and roared. The roar rang all around the clearing, echoing against the crystal walls and the surrounding dragons. Then, the dragons started to roar.

"Okay, that's definitely Shadow," Eclipse said, "That roar is too familiar to me."

As Stephanie watched the scene, the surrounding dragons started to bow. What? Eclipse seemed to be confused as well. Stephanie could tell by the way his scaly eyebrows went up.

"Is Shadow an Alpha?" Eclipse asked after the scene. Then, the two watched as Shadow flew up to the cave, followed by a red dragon with a scorpion tail.

"Hey," Eclipse realized, "That's the creep I was telling you about that stabbed Shadow!"

Stephanie ignored Eclipse and continued to watch the scene. Shadow then approached Toothless and Luna. Then, he started doing something that caught Stephanie off-guard: Shadow went up to Luna and started to dance. Luna ran away, with Shadow on her heels. Toothless followed shortly after in a similar hurried fashion.

"Did Shadow just flirt with Mom?" Stephanie asked, disgusted.

"Heck yeah!" Eclipse responded, "There's only one thing that that dance is for: mating. Shadow is in love with Mom."

"Wow," Stephanie scoffed, "He really is crazy."

Eclipse shot Stephanie a look and growled, "No. It must be a side-effect of the venom that the dragon stabbed into Shadow. It must be. Either that or some crazy mind control."

"I believe venom a little more," Stephanie commented. Then, she turned to Eclipse and asked, "Change of subject: what's the plan?"

"Get everyone out and leave for safety," Eclipse said in a rapid tone, "Attack if we have too."

"That sounds pretty risky," Stephanie growled, "especially when everyone surrounding the Crystal Throne wants to kill us."

"We're Night Lights," Eclipse boasted, "We're the grandsons of Lightning and Death. I think we can handle a hoard of nasty dragons."

"There was a Bewilderbeast in that crowd!" Stephanie snarled.

"Good point," Eclipse said, rethinking that last response, "Let's avoid him, then."

"When are we going to attack?" Stephanie asked.

Eclipse didn't respond. Stephanie looked at him and was about to repeat the question when he twitched his tail and whispered, "Now!"

Stephanie and Eclipse shot off of the pillars and straight for the Crystal Throne. The surrounding dragons looked at them and started to roar in alarm.

As Stephanie circled the Crystal Throne, she looked for Eclipse. Where was he? He just disappeared.

Stephanie heard the wingbeats of dragons behind her. Oh no. Those dragons were on to her. She had to get away. But how?

As Stephanie felt the hot breath of the dragons' breaths on her tail, a purple fireball rang through the clearing. The dragons scattered. Stephanie looked at the direction of the fireball and watched as Eclipse appeared out of thin air. He had cloaked. Of course he had.