Chapter Thirty Eight

"You are the sun. You heal. You burn." ~Unknown

3rd Person's Point Of View

Lyla is looking down, cleaning a glass when she sees a man walk up to her.

Sighing, she thinks to herself, "Probably just another drunk dude wanting another round."

"What can I get you?" Lyla asks, still concentrating on the glass in her hand.

"An explanation." Suga growled, placing both of his hands on the counter, leaning forward.

"Crap." Lyla thinks

She looks up with a nervous smile.

"Hi Suga."

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you sleeping?" Suga demanded, furious that she had snuck out. What if something had happened to her? She had no one to defend her. It would be his fault.

"Because... I want to."Lyla lied, trying to get out of this

Suga crossed his arms

"You are always tired and you love sleep. I know you would love to be sleeping right now."

Lyla lowered her head, defeated.

Suga thought for a moment.

"Is this why you are always so tired? That you work so late at night. Even though you work during the day?" Suga asked, his voice softening with realization.

Lyla started shaking slightly.

Suga's eyes widened when he realized that she was crying.

"Hey, hey. It's alright." Suga jumped over the counter and hugged her, letting her cry into him.

"I'm sorry." Lyla sobbed. "I just didn't want you guys to worry."

'Worry about what?' Suga asked gently, holding her tightly so she felt secure.

"About the money. I know you know that I'm having a hard time keeping up with seven other people living with me. I needed to work extra shifts at night and early shifts in the morning." Lyla explained.

"Oh Lyla." Suga sighed, rubbing her back. "You should've just told us. We can get jobs and help you out."

"No no. That's too much. You guys are my pets, my friends. I should be able to take care of you. Plus Jungkook would get too scared. Taehyung would be too crazy. Jimin is too shy. Namjoon might break something. Hobi might be too loud."

Suga pressed his lips together.

"Not when they know why they have to do it. Lyla, we are loyal. You need something, we will do it. No matter the obstacle. You took us in, now we can help you. Stop feeling like you can't ask for help. We can help you." Suga paused. "It breaks my heart when you are sacrificing so much for us, when we can help you."

"I'm sorry." Lyla wrapped her arms around Suga.

"Aish, stop saying sorry." Suga frowned.

"Sorry." Lyla mumbled. "Ah, my bad." She smiled sheepishly at Suga.

But seeing her smile was enough for him.

Suga smiled back.

"How about I stay until your shift is over, and then we can figure out a way to help you with the others?" Suga suggested.

"No, you can go home. You need to sleep." Lyla shook her head.

"Do you know how many naps I took today? I'm fine. And there is no way I'm letting you stay in a place like this by yourself. No way." Suga told Lyla as he glared at some guys looking at Lyla.

"Fine." Lyla smiled slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Of Chapter Thirty Eight

I had no school today and I was bored. Anddd it's only 9:30 in the morning.

Great

I'll probably post another chapter today and then prepare the one for Saturday

What do you guys think of the Save Me Webtoon? It killed me.

Stay safe everyone who is experiencing the crazy winter storms

~Author