the staircase, the seniors, the talk

Jihoon and Junkyu followed the King member into the quietest part of the building and arrived on the rarely used staircase. Yoonbin turned around to face them, his back against the glaring sunlight. 

Although his usual expression was that of boredom and coldness, he wore a face filled with seriousness. Junkyu and Jihoon knew him since they were 9 years old, he was the grandson of the founder of the Institute that raised them. 

Junkyu and Jihoon were born in a normal family.  Unlike the King member in front of them, they were born in an average household despite the excellence they've displayed since their young age. The Institute was then were they met, a school for children who were branded as geniuses at a young age. 

Jihoon was a hacker, a programmer, and an engineer. At the age of eight, he was able to learn various computer languages and built a mobile app similar to a tracking device and that caught the attention of Yoonbin's grandfather securing his admission to the recluse institute. 

Junkyu, on the other hand, was admitted as a math wizard. He was able to solve advanced calculus problems when he was seven and was one of the earliest children enrolled in the institute. His enrollment in the institute allowed him to discover that he is not simply a math wizard but a learning monster. He has the ability to learn speedily at minimal effort. 

Yoonbin, the reason why the institute was created, had been friends with them ever since. They had shared the same lessons and activities as a child that they considered themselves as childhood friends. It was when his grandfather died that the institute slowly dispersed, his father and the current head does not see the importance of the institute. 

Jihoon and Junkyu returned to their normal lives with their talents enhanced. Yoonbin rebelled against the decision and was sent to America to study. Jihoon and Junkyu had not harbored any type of malice with the decision and was thankful enough that their scholarship to the prestigious school they are currently enrolled was still honored. 

It was only in high school that they had reunited with Yoonbin. They knew that Yoonbin had a group of rich friends that were also like him, an absolute genius as they coined. They were happy to see their childhood friend, only to find out that he had changed into a cold and collected young man he is today. 

"Rare of you to call us here, Binnie" Jihoon sighed, his usual cheerfulness leaving his whole body and what is left is the strictness and coldness of a world known hacker that he is known on the shadow. 

"I've got a job for Aiur" the King member declared. He fished out a piece of paper on his pocket and handed it on to Jihoon who quickly browsed over what was written. The secretary raised his brows and asked, "What is this for?"

"A preparation" was the answer from Yoonbin, there was sharpness on his eyes. The way he carried himself reminds them of the time when he negotiates with his dad to continue the institute. Yoonbin stared at Junkyu and sighed "I heard you've tried to bury down that Kim Junkyu"

"I am Kim Junkyu" replied Junkyu as his lips flat line. He had done his best to comingle back to society, back to the norms. "There is no other one"

"Would you say the same if that Kim Junkyu can save Mashiho?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Kyu, do you remember that room?" Yoonbin bit his lips, obviously recalling some memories from childhood that he was guilty about. His grandfather was a man that believes how learning should start at a young age and had founded the institute just for that reason. Many believed that it was because of him, his talents that were discovered at such a young age, but he knew the truth.