the boy, the institute, the memories

Junkyu tapped the desk in rhythm, eyes growing tired due to being up for more than 24 hours now. He was alone in the hotel room. Yoonbin and Hyunsuk were scrambling to the Terazono manor with Noa after they received a call from their childhood friend. Junkyu chuckled as he remembered how Yoonbin's face drained with color when he was talking on the phone. 

Yedam and Jihoon had locked themselves on one of the hotel rooms to analyze the current information they have and also setting up their tools to hack into japanese security systems. For some reason, Yedam had picked up Jihoon's skills and became his immediate assistant while Jihoon is learning from Yedam's analytic skills. 

Junkyu scanned the document at hand once again. The papers contained in full detail the life of Takata Mashiho and his progress as a child to the next clan head. Junkyu narrowed his eyes as he read over the details again. He closed his eyes and saw the institute that he grew up with. 

"Mashiho was that angel, huh?" Junkyu smiled, as he remembered the boy huddled in the corner of a white room crying. He vaguely remembered that day.

❖❖❖

Junkyu had ended his training earlier than expected. He had predicted some of the questions inside the training material based on the pattern of the questions and the personality of his professor. He had two hours free and Yoonbin and Jihoon were still focused on their exams. Jihoon seems to be trying to crack a security system with difficulties so he left without a word to his best friend. 

He rushed towards Yoonbin's training room but found the young Yoonbin engaged in a professional debate against one of the adults. He had been explaining the pros and cons of using genetic engineering to control birth defects at the early age of pregnancy for mothers. Junkyu frowned and left the place again silently. 

He eyed the north wing in curiosity. They were never to approach that part of the institute. He once asked Yoonbin about it since he once saw Yoonbin entering the north wing. But all he got was a proud smile and the words, "An angel resides in that part"

The child Yoonbin had referred to the fact that Mashiho was called a vessel of a god as he answered the curious question of the institute's top scorer. Junkyu was forced to dismiss the topic previously as Jihoon appeared whining about being hungry. 

Junkyu hesitated slightly but the best of his curiosity made him decide. He took note of the camera positions and immediately mapped his way to the blind spots. He was trained to be agile like a cat and he has the body of a small child so it was fairly easy for him to enter the north wing undetected. 

The hallways of the north wing were dark. Junkyu noticed that the wing was divided equally into four distinct rooms. A room painted in blue filled with books and puzzles, a room painted in yellow with nothing but screens and a computer, a black room that looks like a boys bedroom, and lastly a white room with nothing in it. Or so he thought, Junkyu eyed the boy curled in a ball at the furthest corner of the room.

He took careful steps as he remembered how Yoonbin said that an angel resides in this room. He really doesn't want to scare off an angel.

"Hello" he gathered his courage to greet, the boy shook slightly in surprise and raised his head. Junkyu almost gasped in shock at the beauty of the eyes staring straight at him. It was as if watching the stars shining brightly in the midsummer, sparkling and breathtaking. 'Yoonbin was saying the truth. An angel really lives here' the young Junkyu concluded.