mashiho, junkyu, truth

Mashiho silently stood next to his grandfather, lips carrying an ambiguous smile. He was wearing a kimono like the guest mingling in the garden. Haruto, standing on a safe distance behind him, was wearing his hakama complete with an authentic sword hanging on his waist. 

Asahi, on the other hand, stood next to Haruto in his green hakama with only a white japanese fan designed with koi fishes on his hands. Asahi standing next to Haruto has a symbolic meaning that the Hanada family had acknowledged Mashiho completely as the head. 

Takata Seijorou stood majestically on the small podium in the center of the garden. His retainers, Haruto's father and Asahi's father, took the same position as their sons did behind the current clan head. Mashiho stared at the surprised faces of the clan elders and let out a chuckle, he took a step closer to his grandfather as he whispered, "They don't seem happy with you being healthy, grandfather"

The old Takata head glanced down at his grandfather and let out a laugh. He took a step forward and spoke against the microphone. "It seems like I have been playing my prank for too long that I am seeing dissatisfied faces amongst the crowd"

The entire audience chuckled while some of the clan elders tried to fake their expression by smiling along with the audience. The clan head chuckled along with his guest and continued, "My apologies for taking my jokes on an extreme, I was only kicking an old man fuss to have my dear grandson visit his grandfather and had not expected that the news would spread about my ill-health immediately"

Musashi who was standing on a table with Hiroto, Musashi's and Mashiho's father, frowned slightly at the statement. The old man was basically announcing the importance of Mashiho's position in the family to the high society. The reason why he was able to able to do what he wants despite his ambiguous position in the family was exactly that Mashiho's presence in japanese high society is rarely felt. Now that the clan head had announced Mashiho as a dear grandson, his legitimacy as an heir would be questioned. 

"I give my deepest thanks to everyone who had taken their time to attend this humble gathering. And since everyone has gathered today to offer their well-wishes, I would also like to introduce my successor as the next Takata clan head, Takata Mashiho"

Hiroto stood up in protest, he walked in front of the podium while the guest paved a way for him to pass through. The tall japanese man stared at his father with a challenging look. The old man let out a tired smile as he stared at the familiar face protesting his declaration. 

"Father, you must have jumped a generation. I worry that Mashiho-san is too young to handle the pressure of being your successor. Don't you think so, Mashiho?"

"I am certainly young of age" Mashiho took a step forward and stopped just beside his grandfather. "But, my abilities have proved themselves useful for the flourishing of the clan"

"That's my grandson" a shout from the back resonated and everyone stared at the retired Kazama clan leader who was being pulled by his grandson. Noa had to literally cover his grandfather's mouth in embarrassment as he muttered, "Why are you always like this?" Noa frowned as he remembered all the embarrassing things his grandfather did for him. 

"Thank you very much for that Fukiyama-ojiisama. And, Noa-niisama please take it easy against ojiisama" Mashiho let out a light chuckle as he saw the scene at the back from where he is standing. Noa nodded to Mashiho before bowing to the guests in an apology. The audiences laughed at the comical scene. "Back to matters at hand, please voice out your objection, Hiroto-san"

"You have refused to call me father now, Mashiho?" Hiroto chuckled darkly, eyes with unhidden hostility. Mashiho shrugged the question, refusing to answer. He gritted his teeth as he chuckled slightly, "Don't call it an objection. I am simply worried that you are too young to handle the clan"