Chapter IX

Okay! She said and grabs his hand.

Then they walk hand-on-hand out of the coffee shop and walk towards the elevator.

While both of them secretly feels unexplainable nervous in their hearts as they felt the heat from their hands.

Cheers! He said. Cheers! They both toast their wine glass and they both drink champagne.

So, sasabay ka ba sa mga kasamahan mo na mag-check-out ng maaga bukas?

Maybe! We have to check-out before 12. Our company might be charged if we extend our check-out time, laughing Griff said.

But you can still stay here as long as you want. Don't worry, there's no extra charge! Jace said smiling.

Oh no! I don't want. And, I really need to go home. It's Sunday tomorrow my cleaning lady will come.

I see! So, this is the last day that I'll gonna see and be with you.

Hey, haven't we agreed before that we should not see each other again? she said in between laughs.

Yeah, but since we have the chance to be with each other in this hotel in 2 days, I've just realize, if what we've agreed before is right?

Jace!

Well, how about giving us another chance?

You mean?

Let's go dating?

Jace!

I like you. I really like you, Griff. A strong attraction I feel for you. And I know, we feel the same way.

Ows? Do you think I also like you? Griff said in joking mode to hide her shockness from his confession.

Well, I know I may sound conceited because that's what I believe in, and I know there are consequences that will arise if we'll do that. But what can I do? I really like you. For how many times I plan to call or text you to invite you to go out and to see you. I just thought I might be rejected by you.

Ganun? Griff sighed.

Yeah! So, do you agree?

Y-E-S.

Griff? Jace couldn't believe what he hear. Really? It's okay with you to continue to get to know each other?

Yes! Just like you've said, we feel the same way. So, why will I stop myself being with you, talk to you, to eat with you, have coffee with you like this?

Griff..

Anyway, although we will go on dating, it doesn't mean that we give each other a commitment, right?

Ha?

Don't worry, we will just test ourselves if we are compatible, but we will make sure that we won't fall for each other. I mean, love is out of the question here, right? So, kapag na-realize natin na hindi talaga tayo magki-click sa isa't isa, we don't have to worry na may isa sa atin ang kakapit na parang linta?

Jace paused, well, that's what he dislike, to be in-love, or to fall for him when the time comes that he doesn't want the girl.

So, again, it's very convinient for him. Especially that's his condition in every woman he dated. But why is it he is not comfortable on Griff said..

Sure! That's a good idea! So, it means kahit na mag-check out ka na dito sa hotel, I can still call you to ask for a date?

Sure!

Pero sa malas, hindi na rin naman makakapaghintay ang nararamdaman nila para sa isa't isa na makilala pa ang bawat isa at makasama sa mas pribadong lugar.

So, this is the penthouse that you used to live? Griff while glancing at the whole living room.

The whole place looks elegant.

Yeah! This is one of the privilege as an CEO of this hotel. Though, my responsibilities are huge to shoulder, I accept the position that board of directors gave me.

I see! Griff said while walking on the soft carpet. And may I know how many are we that came in here since you'd become the new CEO of this place?

Jace smiled on the meaningful question that Griff asked.

Would you believe if I say that your the one and only woman I brought here?

Griff smiled. Hmm, I think I won't believe you. Baka kasi kiligin ako at agad na maniwala sa'yo. Baka mahulog ako sa kung anu-anong ilusyon at espekulasyon.

Griff-

Anyway, and why did you bring me here?

Jace sighed and started to walk near her.

Well, i just want you to see where I live.

Really? And what else?

I want to be with you in a more rivate place. To talk, to spent a lot of time being with you.

Secretly her heart falters, but she'd decided to look more cool and relax.

Afterall, though she made a quick desicion to overcome her inhibitions, she will stand on it.

Really? And for sure, may iniisip ka pang iba, hindi ba?

Jace smiled, kahit na ayaw pa sana nitong mag-isip ng kung anu-ano sa kung saan pa maaring humantong ang lahat, but thinking that its just the two of them there, that his with her, it made him uncomfortable.

Well, I will be more frank and bold with you, Griff. Right now, all I want to do is... to kiss you.

And injust a split second, they've kiss each other. It was her second kiss from the first man who kiss her. So this is it? Is it now it will happen?

Her lips started to move, respond to his kiss, her arms quickly hugged him from his neck, then she close her eyes.

She prepared herself, she pulled-off all her inhibitions.

She wants to be happy... to become a woman completely...

So she won't miss one-third of her life...