She isn't like anyone else

They didn't talk much during the car ride to Sanem's parents. Emre was nervous to face Leyla and Can was nervous to face the Aydins. He respected both of them so much and felt sorry that he is the reason that their daughter disappeared.

Taking a deep breath, Can rang the doorbell.
Emre and Can were facing Mevkibe, Nihat, Leyla and Osman when the door opened.
Can notized the worry and tears in their eyes, so did Mevkibe when she looked at Can.

"Come in son, come in. I have to say I'm really glad to see you Can. I was about to call you."
Mevkibe turned now from one brother to the other.
"Hello Emre bey. Come on in both of you."
"Thank you so much."
Can and Emre changed their shoes into slippers and followed the Aydin's upstairs to the living room.

"What is he doing here, Leyla?" Emre heard Osman question Leyla. Before she was able to answer, Emre jumped in.
"I am here to help my brother find Sanem. You know Osman, insecurity doesn't look good on you. I don't know what problem you have with me. Leyla chose you. Even after I told her I loved her, she chose you. Please stop making this situation more uncomfortable than it already is."

Leyla turned red in a second and she felt all eyes on her. "Evet, Can bey do you have any more news about Sanem? I guess you heard she disappeared. We are very worried about her. She left us two letters where she wrote she needs time for herself and that we should not worry. She has never done anything like this before."

They all saw how lost and defeated Can was. Mevkibe could notice he was crying, his eyes completely red and tired.

Can took a few seconds to gather all his thoughts before he started.
"I don't know where to begin. I am so sorry to have brought all of this to you. It is my fault that Sanem left and I cannot explain to you how ashamed I am about it. I don't know how much Sanem told you what has happened between us but.."
Before he could finish, Mevkibe had to come clean and said "She told us everything son. We know what happened."

Can wasn't sure how to deal with this information as he was clearly shocked that she has been completely honest with them.

"Well then you are obviously informed."
He was saying this more to himself then to the others he realized.

"Mevkibe hanim, Nihat bey. I love Sanem more than anything, I really do. I don't know how to explain to you the struggles I have with lies and betrayal but Sanem didn't deserve my reaction. I thought I can go on and leave everything behind but I can't. I love her more than anything and I never meant for this to happen. This is all my fault, due to my stubborness I have lost her. I didn't listen to her when she tried to explain why she has done things she did but I did read her letter. After all this is all I could do. It tore me apart. I cannot imagine being without her and not seeing her. I will promise you that I will find her. And after I do, I would understand if you forbid me to ever get in contact with her again. But I promise I will find her. I just came by to gather a bit more information on where she might be. Do you have any ideas? When did you see her the last time? Yesterday night I went to all the places that are important to us but I couldn't find her."

Mevkibe and Nihat could see just how much Can was fighting within himself and that he really loved their daughter.

They talked about everything they knew. They would each search different areas as it hit him in that second.

"I have been to all places but one. She showed me a few weeks ago a place where she would go when she wanted to be alone. When she wanted her peace and write. How didn't I thought about it earlier? Please call me when you have any more information. I will talk to the police to try to locate her phone."

"Ok I think we have a plan then. Please hurry and let's find our daughter. I hope she is good and safe. I know she would not do anything stupid...Can bey can I please talk to you alone for a minute? Come with me to the kitchen." Mevkibe said finally.

Can bey followed her without hesitation as the others gathered and went out the door in order to start their search. They decided to keep the information between themselves as they didn't want the whole Mahalle talking about their daughter's disappearance.

"Come sit here son." Mevkibe offered the chair to him as she sat down. She saw that he became very nervous.

"Can bey. Thank you for coming by. I know how much my daughter means to you, especially now after everything you said just a few minutes ago. I know that when people are angry and hurt, they tend to do things and say words they would usually not do.
Sanem told me everything that has happened and I don't want to lecture her or you. I just want you to know that I don't like lies as well, especially if they come from a person you love.
There is one thing you need to know about our Sanem.
She will do anything for the people she loves. She might not think logically every step of her way but she thinks with her heart. If she can save someone, she will do it without hesitation. No questions asked. In that moment she doesn't care about consequences. I don't like the fact that she did something behind your back, I completely agree with you. I am not trying to defend her but you need to know that she did whatever she thought was the only way out, in order to save you. I see it with my own eyes just how much she loves you.
I also know that you are aware of all this. And whatever your desicion will be regarding the both of you, I think you know yourself just how special my girl is. You know that our Sanem is not like everyone else, I know that."

It was in this momeny that he broke. He completely lost it. Her words touched him so much. He felt ashamed that he told their daughter she isn't special to him eventhough it was a lie. Everything came down and he couldn't say a word, tears were just falling down his face. It was then that he felt Mevkibe hugging him and just being there for him, eventhough her daughter was missing.

How could these people be so kind to him after what he has done to them?
It took him a moment to come back again.

"Mevkibe hanim, what I said to her that night..."

"I know Can. I see how much she means to you and I know you didn't mean it. Now go and find her, because I honestly think only you can do it. Please bring her back. And once you do, don't let her come home alone."

How could he deserve to have these kind people in his life? He didn't wanted to wait any longer, he thanked her, hugged her and went into his truck to drive to the birdhouse.