Chapter Fourteen

***********************************

"But Stella! You two were made for each other!" Genni pleads at lunch the next day.

"But Genni! He's going to COLLEGE early to cure "deafness" I can't get in the way of that!"

Genni sighs and smacks my arm. "Yes you can! You are worth more than COLLEGE. More than HIM. And he knows it."

I walk away from her now, offended and left alone. I am no more important to him than SCHOOL. THAT'S WHY HE CHOSE COLLEGE AND DIDN'T EVEN KISS ME!

"Wait!" Genni calls. I don't listen. I don't want to. All I want is Alex.

***********************************

"Boys!" I scream when I get home. I've been holding my anger, sorrow, hurt and love inside me all day.

"Honey?" Mom asks. "What's the matter?"

"YOU!" I yell. "YOU AND DAD ARE THE MATTER. YOU GOT DIVORCED! WE MOVED HERE! THAT'S THE MATTER!"

Mom looks worried and sad. She wipes away a waterfall of tears.

"I'm sorry!" She starts to cry. "I never wanted this to happen! I never ever dreamed of this to happen! True love lasts forever! This love, was not true. It was pseudo. Fake. I'm a fake. I'm sorry." Mom collapses onto Aunt Irwices big chair.

Suddenly, I stop. Mom had to leave America, her daughters, her friends.

I stop crying, and sit by mom and hug her. We both hug, silently, sniffing and smiling.

No words

are needed.

***********************************

"It's ok, Genni." I forgive Genni. "I never meant to hurt your feelings.." She bites her lip.

"I hope Alex does choose you. Or he's a bleep for not."

Genni always covers up her language with a bleep. It's way easier. Plus, I can always know what she means.

"I hope so too," I tell her, "but right now, your ice is hoping you arrive soon! Lets go to The Avalanche."

***********************************