Chapter Ten: More Like, Queen Le-HOT-a

"I'm sorry to hear about your father; it's just been announced."

Levana had technically interrupted, but it was in a way that Kai didn't mind, so he let it slide.

What he didn't let slide, however, was the public knowledge of his father's passing.

He shot a glare at Torin, who shrugged. "Word gets out fast." He defended. "The internet exists."

"Your kingdom has suffered a great loss." Levana continued. "Our only consolation is your ascension to the throne, with our confidence that you will be a wise successor. Even then, I cannot express the least of my condolences. Personally, I would like to be there, for your father's funeral. I wanted to let you know now, so you wouldn't have to worry about surprises. If there is anything I can do, my subjects are at your disposal. If you need to talk about his passing, I'm here for you. Okay?"

"Okay."

Her smile also had a feline quality to it- particularly in the fangs- like a pleasant housecat lying in the sun.

"Good." She said, in a way that made the word all the more... well... good. "I'm sure we will talk further when I arrive on Earth. I look forward to seeing you in person. Until then?"

"Until then."

"Very well. I wish you the best, despite the circumstances. Farewell."

Levana ended the call.

A revelatory silence filled the room, as the ramifications of what had transpired sank in.

"She's coming here?" Kai suddenly realized. "It hasn't been fifteen minutes since his passing!"

"Levana's the worst, right?" Said Torin. "Your father always thought so!"

"She's awful!"

"Horrid!"

"Insensitive!"

"Dumb!"

"Less than attractive!"

"A knave!"

"A rascal!"

"An eater of broken meats!"

"A base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave!"

"A lily-livered, action-taking knave!"

"There's only one word to describe a woman like that," concluded Kai, "and that's downright evil!"

He began to pace the room, a thousand questions burdening his mind- one in particular protruding from the rest like a sliver. "How are we going to stop her, Torin? She's literally the worst thing to happen to the galaxy since Fortnight!"

Torin's expression turned grave. "My liege," said he, "there is nothing worse than Fortnight."