RWBY Volume 4, Chapter 9: Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back | Rooster Teeth

All rights for RWBY go to Rooster Teeth.

This is a Fan based parody.

I will be using Italicization for people's inner thoughts.

Hints towards Whiterose and Bumbleby will continue in this chapter so enjoy.

Naomi and Rachel from previous volume/chapters will be in this chapter.

In Patch*

Taiyang and Yang were sparring while Blake was watching.

Yang caught Taiyang's kick and launched him up into the air then punched him back.

Taiyang breathed heavily then said "Whoa... that thing packs a punch!".

Yang said "We've been at this for weeks. I get it, you wanna make sure I can still fight. I think I'm doing just fine.".

Taiyang stood up and said "You're close.".

Yang asked "Oh, really?". 

Taiyang said "You're still off balance.".

Yang put her hands on her hips and asked "What?! No I'm not!".

Taiyang laughed a little.

Yang looked at her robotic prosthetic limb said "Honestly, I'm kind of surprised. I thought it would just be this huge weight, but... it feels... natural. They did a great job with this thing.".

Yang then dodged a punch from Taiyang then started to spar with Taiyang again. 

Taiyang got Yang into a headlock and said "I wasn't talking about your actual balance.".

Taiyang tripped Yang and had her fall to the ground.

Taiyang walked over to where Zwei was and grabbed a towel.

Blake walked over and helped Yang up.

Taiyang said "Although, your actual balance could use some balance.".

Yang sighed and asked "Meaning?".

Taiyang said "I saw your Tournament fights. During the Vytal Festival.".

Yang rolled her eyes and said "Let me guess. "I was sloppy.".".

Taiyang took a minute to think then said "No, no, you were predictable. And... stubborn. And maybe a little bonehead.".

Yang and Blake took a seat on the ground.

Taiyang sighed and asked "Do you realize that you used your Semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?".

Yang looked away and asked "So what? How is me using my Semblance and different than someone else using theirs?". 

Taiyang then said "Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum.".

Taiyang laughed a little and walked around Yang and Blake saying "I'm serious! Once you take damage, you can dish it back twice as hard, but that doesn't make you invincible! It's great when you're in a bind, but what happens if you miss? What happens if they're stronger? What then? Now you're just weak and tired! You've always been one to burn brighter than everyone else, whether it was with your smile, or, well, I remember your first haircut. But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Keep a level head, and think before you act. Your Semblance is a great fallback, but you can't let yourself rely on it. It wont always save you. Obviously.".

Taiyang went silent and Yang looked over at him.

Taiyang said "You definitely have your mom's stubbornness...".