Chapter 13

Third Person's POV

Alex sat in silence staring at the night sky, leaning his head towards the sky, his arms stretched out along the bench sides. His mind wandering, trying to see if he could make out any familiar constellations. He had recently made plans to go out for dinner with John.

Thought they had been living together for nearly a year now, they hadn't been able to spend much time together recently. No longer could they sneak off to meet each other after class as they used to, having to take matters more seriously. No longer could their carefree days continue, living blissful naivety of the world around them. Soon their casual clothes would be removed for other clothes, suits and work attire. Leaving the past behind and moving on from their teenage dreams. Making new memories, uprooting from the homes they knew and the lives in which they were familiar with. Law classes were getting more diligent by each minute. This didn't leave much time to indulge or take things easy, often leaving them exhausted.
Sometimes falling asleep before they had the energy to even speak to each other, but this sometimes left them feeling guilty.

They were trying to spend as much time together as possible, each moment they got to enjoy a date together was precious.

Trying to work out their career paths slowly but surely, taking uneasy steps unsure of every possibility that came their way. They believed in one another, they loved one another, having found their soulmates without ever realizing it.

The night air was cold, Alex could see his breath in the air like puffs of smoke. Almost hypnotising to watch, the swirls of condensation appearing before him, something so natural was so fascinating. The chill tingling his fingertips and cheeks though it was spring, it was still as little chilly at night. Ever since he was a kid he had always found the night sky so beautiful, he knew that no matter what happened the sky would always grant him peace of mind for at least a minute or two. Even when the hurricane destroyed his hometown, he couldn't deny that the yellow sky looked amazing. At that very moment he thought he'd die looking at the sky, but miraculously he survived.
The giant orb that was the moon beaming down on him from space, illuminating the world in it's silver white light from above. He sighed in relief. It was hard to find a place like this on the busy city.

Eventually, he heard the distant sound of someone running, out of breath. The sound of shoes clicking on the ground, their heavy breath lound in the air. A fond smile slowly appeared on his face, a fondness filling his heart. It really had been way too long since they went out just the two of them. As he lifted his head and turned to face him the love in his heart grew if that was even possible. John appeared before him, his usual light brown curls fixed in a half ponytail. He was wearing a sleeveless button-down green shirt, white vans, a pair of black skinny jeans and a black choker around his neck. Alex smiled when he saw the turtle keychain he had bought him on their first date hanging on the side of his jeans. (A/N: Yes I wear keychains like that too)

John stopped as he got closer, leaning foward wearily. Heavy breaths escaping his lips, panting breathlessly as he overcame his exhaustion from running here as fast as he could.

"I'm sorry Alex, Laff an Herc asked me to do some things for 'em" John apologized.

Alex softened, his expression becoming concerned. John had no jacket, meaning he had to have left it at Laff and Herc's place immediately in order to see him putting aside his worries and concern about his well-being in order to see him. Causing him to worry he would get cold.

"Uhm John, aren't you forgetting something?" Alex asked.

As happy as he was to see John, he didn't mind waiting a little longer for him to get ready. Though he was surprised Laff nor Herc hadn't told John about his jacket before he had left it in their house. Usually they were always pesteringcJohn about how forgetful he could be.