26

Oliver was staring out the window as he listened to Elio play the piano.

Elio's parents were planning a party for his arrival which he thought was sweet but he regretted not saying something about how uncomfortable he felt around too much people at this very moment.

At least Elio would be with him.

Ode To Joy never seemed so difficult to play before. It was a rather easy piece yet Elio's head was stuck somewhere else.

He still missed Oliver.

Because the man that sat curled up by he window wasn't his boyfriend. His boyfriend would have stood straight, sipping from his drink as he tried to annoy the younger. Elio wanted to be hopeful, Oliver would adjust again—it had been just two days— but that's all he did, worry.

"El," Oliver pointed out the window, frowning. "Did your father scavenge a new sculpture out?"

Elio smiled as he nodded, even though Oliver was too focused on the statue inside. "Yeah, he did. There was a ship wreckage investigation around the area. Instead, they found World War one ship."

Oliver's eyes widened as he turned and faced Elio, his legs uncurling as he then stood up. "They were investigating a ship wreckage?"

"Yeah..?" Elio chuckled as he stared down at the keys. "Soviets came a few months ago."

"The Soviets?"

Elio looked up as he noticed the worried tone in his words. "That was seven months ago. You know word travels around fast here. Had they stayed, we would know."

But that didn't make Oliver less tense looking. Elio saw as his eyes shook, as if a thousand thoughts races through his head.

He stood up and carefully placed his hand on Oliver's chest. "Baby, they're gone. We live so far off the city anyways, we are safe."

Oliver shook his head as he placed his hand on Elio's. "I know, I know. But what if something had happened to you?"

Elio smiled as he tip toed to reach his face and kissed Oliver's nose. "I'm right here. You can't worry about the past. Even if the war is still going on, you're home."

The blond man nodded as he took a deep breath in, smiling as he wrapped his hands around the younger. "Yeah, you're right."