31

"Where are we?"

"The beach."

"Yeah, no shit Oliver." Elio biked next to him. "It's empty. I've been following you for an hour, where are we?"

Oliver shrugged. "I actually don't know."

"Dio mio..." Elio followed as Oliver stopped on a palm tree and dropped his bike, running to the water. "Hey, wait up!"

Elio ran towards Oliver, jumping into his arms. "Oh, jesus hell Elio!" Oliver caught the boy in his arms, falling over into the water with him.

The water was shallow enough for the two to just lay there, laughing as the waves slowly moved over and out around them.

The two looked at each other before Oliver propped himself up and kissed Elio, which had the boy quickly back away and sit up.

"What's wrong?" Oliver sat up as well, looking around to see if anyone was looking at them but the beach was empty.

"W-We've never kissed in public."

Oliver chuckled as he grabbed onto Elio's arms. "There's no one here."

Elio looked around, noticing how odd it was that a beach in Italy was empty. But he wouldn't complain. Because this was something old Oliver would do. Pre war Oliver would take them somewhere secluded and try and do things without being scared of someone seeing them, and that brought a smile to Elio's face.

The younger brought his lips to Oliver's, hesitant at first. But it was almost exhilarating to think that in a world where their love would be hated upon— being age difference or their genders— they could still find these moments where the world truly didn't matter.

It was just them, their minds and bodies like one.

Because no matter the splashing of water and the sand feeling slightly uncomfortable to lay upon, it truly was just Elio and Oliver.

"You do know your way back, right?"

Oliver chuckled as he pulled back from their momentary embrace. "Of course I do."

"Okay, good." Elio went to kiss him again.

"As long as we stop and ask someone."

"Oliver!"