xi - try hard

c a l u m:

School was an axe wound and I needed a drink. Thankfully Michael felt the same and didn't hesitate to pull out a water bottle of not h2o. We hid out on the roof of the school, and although it was broad daylight and out in the open, no one ever came up here. It became our getaway and number one spot to drink.

"I wanna drop out," Michael stated, taking a swig of the bottle. His face cringed from the warm alcohol slipping through his throat. We sat on the concrete floor, with our backs up against the brick wall.

I grabbed the bottle from his hand and took a gulp of the vodka. I winced, "same here. There really isn't a point of getting a diploma if I'm not going to do anything with it."

"So like, what's going on with you and that Geisha girl," Michael asked, changing the topic, "I saw you almost kill some of our classmates and she got into your car."

"Nothing man," I shrugged, "she was making such a scene at the intersection and I wanted to shut her up. She wouldn't leave me alone. She's fùcking crazy as hell."

Lies.

"Jesus," Michael raised his brows in disbelief, "I guess it's true what they say-- the quiet ones are always the most mental."

I could tell Michael that spending time with Gwen would ultimately piss off Hemmings till he cracks, but I knew how my best friend thinks. He'd want to be in on the plan and this was my battle to fight.

The two of us killed the remaining drops of alcohol in the plastic bottle, giving us both a nice buzz. We switched our position from sitting up, to lying face up staring at the blue sky. I threw my forearm on my forehead to keep from being blinded by the sun.

"I think it's time for 5th period," Michael informed.

"Be my guest, go learn biology," I told him, my eyes fixated on the white clouds that slowly passed by.

"I'm just telling you that it's 5th period dumb fùck," Michael sassed, "not that I actually want to learn the process of mitosis."

"Calm your tits sassy pants," I laughed, "I'm only teasing. If we weren't so buzzed I'd actually suggest we run to the car and skip the rest of the day."

"Except for you are buzzed and I'm suggesting you both skip your way to the principal's office immediately!" a voice bellowed, infiltrating our ears and sending a shockwave to our hearts.

Standing above us was the stern face of Professor Douglass. White hair, circle glasses and a brown, tweed sports coat, Professor Douglass was the epitome of a 40-year-old virgin. I always had this strong inkling that he still lived in the basement of his mother's house and whacked off to weird fetish porn-- like bestiality.

Michael and I sat up, glaring up at the authority figure who unfortunately found out of our hiding place.

"You two are in big trouble," Professor Douglass declared, throwing his fists to his hips.

Duh... we were caught drinking on school grounds. Can he be anymore cliche?

"Yes, Mister Hood I can be very more cliche!" he said, Michael bursting into laughter.

"Oh shit. I actually said that out loud," I thought, "man I'm on a trip. What kind of vodka did you give me?"

Michael opened his mouth to speak but was immediately cut off by Professor Douglass, "enough! Get up, the both of you! I will personally escort you to the principal's office!"

I groaned loudly, standing up. My legs felt like jelly and my head was heavy. It felt as if my neck would snap by how enormous my head seemed to be. Professor Douglass grabbed both Michael and I by our collars and pulled us towards the rooftop door. We all squeezed into the narrow stairwell, and I tried my hardest to not fall face first, though Professor 40-year-old virgin made it very difficult.