Ian Gallagher (Shameless) -request-

Every time this happened, she took it

Every time this happened, she took it. She could handle it. But she was beginning to doubt that she could do it much longer.

His bipolarity was hard to deal with. But Tamika loved him, so she stayed. It got easier over time, but his maniac times were the toughest.

Right now, it was the peak of maniac. He was jittery, running around the house convinced Tamika had done something bad.

His constant mood swings took a poll on everyone involved, including himself. He always felt terrible afterwards, knowing he caused everyone stress.

He was mad again. Relentlessly screaming at Tamika, who acted as if nothing was happening, and continued to read her book.

"Are you even fucking listening to me?" His breaths were heavy as he shuffled a hand through his hair.

"Yes, Ian." Tamika took to short answers, knowing if he just went to bed it would be fine in the morning.

"Jesus Christ! Then fucking acknowledge me, Tamika." Tamika was used to this, it had been worse before. This was no where near how bad it had been before.

"I'm acknowledging you, honey. But I can't fix it if I don't know what I did." Tamika never averted her eyes from the book in front of her, though she had been on the same page for an hour.

"I-" In honesty, Ian didn't have the best reason to be angry.

He was just thinking about the past, a time when Tamika and Ian were only friends. He the remembered something rude she had said during an argument, and thought she may have still thought that. He'd been brooding ever since. 

"Why do you hate me?" His emotions switched quickly, to the point where he became sad.

"What?" This caught Tamika's attention, as she closed her book and crawled over to where he sat on the edge of the bed.

"You. You hate me. I just know it. You're tired of the way I act. When this happens." He motions around the room, hinting at the scenario unfolding. Tamika wrapped her arms around his neck softly.

"Honey, I don't hate you. Sure, I get tired of this sometimes, but when you love someone, you have to make sacrifices." She had consoled him before, so this wasn't the most complicated algorithm.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head, looking down at his legs.

"Don't be sorry. You can't help it. We both just have to deal with it." She passed him a sympathetic smile, rubbing his shoulder softly.

"Promise?"

"I promise." Tamika rubbed his shoulder again, and kissed his cheek.

"Now come lay down, let's go to bed." Tamika has no intentions of going to sleep, but to console him.

"Alright." He lay down on his side of the bed, closing his eyes and breathing slowly.

Tamika lay beside him, her arm thrown over him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ian."