Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A lanky man in a trench coat tapped his foot impatiently outside of the coffee shop and glanced once more at his watch. These girls were late. The paparazzo sighed as he adjusted his shades and skimmed through the crowd of people for his sources. An anonymous phone call told him they had something he'd be interested in on Inuyasha. Inuyasha was the hit of the fall. Anything about him, scored millions off the charts and he needed this one break. This picture she claimed she had would pay his rent for three years straight! He scoffed and cursed under his breath as he pulled out a cigarette from his jacket chest pocket and lit it.

He glanced down the streets as he saw two girls walking towards him with anticipation. Score.

"You're late..." he said as he flicked his barely smoked cigarette away.

"Sorry, our boss made us stay overtime."

"Yeah, uh huh, so do you have what I need?" he went straight to the point.

" Yeah, um...Kani, give him the picture." she nudged her friend in the arm and smiled nervously at the impatient guy.

Kani rummaged through her bag and handed it to him.

He snatched it from her and opened the envelope and looked at them disbelievingly. "That's it? Just one picture? Where are the rest of the pictures?" he interrogated.

Kani shrugged. "They were damaged, that was one of three that actually came out...and it was just of some girl and her cat..."

"and the guy..." Tika tittered to her friend and forced a smile at the guy.

"Yeah, and the guy." Kani nodded.

"Where're the negatives?" he asked feeling angered. What a waste of time.

"We gave them to the customer; we couldn't just keep them." Kani scoffed at the stupid question. "Are you going to pay us or not? If not, don't waste our time."

"Fine." the guy sighed. "How much you want?"

Tika and Kani looked at each and tried to discuss privately about the amount. The guy rolled his eyes as he gazed down at the picture. A drag queen was giving Inuyasha a lap dance. This may work.

"Six hundred." they both nodded in unison.

"Six hundred?" the guy cocked an eyebrow. Were they serious? Usually a picture like this went for two thousand, minimum.

"Is that too much?" Kani asked in a honey tone and put her finger to her mouth.

"Uh...yeah. Damn, you ladies drive a hard bargain. You guys are milking me for what I'm worth. Damn...uh...don't go spending it like crazy now." he handed them the money. The girls squealed as they grabbed the money and ran away from him in fear that he'd change his mind.

He shook his head and shoved the picture inside his jacket. He glanced at his watch; he might have enough time to meet his deadline. He got into his car and drove off.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The employees of Crescent Corp sat at their lounge table and argued back and forth as Koura updated the polls on the whiteboard.

"So far, it seems, the pit has gone up to two million dollars." she giggled.

"Oh my god...I think I'm going to faint." laughed an old woman.

"Wait, we still have two weeks left. The bet isn't over." Koura raised her hands trying to get everyone's attention, but their excitement was hard to overpower.