thirty two

we'll get through this, we'll get past this
im a girl with a whole lotta baggage
——————

Trigger warning.

His voice was taunting, dark with a threatening tone that sent shivers inside of Millie's body. She didn't know what to do, what should she do? It was like her body was taken over by a scared, vulnerable little girl. Maybe she was back to who she used to be under his cold stare.

She couldn't take it anymore, and through gritted teeth, she finally done the unspeakable.

She spoke back.

"I'm scared, I'm scared because you're a horrible human being."

And as soon as the fact left her lips so suddenly, it was like she was hit by a train called instant regret. Her body burned, her spine shivered as she stepped back, nearing the window.

She was going to go for it, she was going to escape. She thought about what she was going to do under his stare, the moves she was going to make next. But again, it felt like all the adrenaline and energy left her body.

"She finally talks back." Robert giggled, walking towards her as he grabbed her small, petite wrist within his large hand. His fingers wrapped around her, skin turning white from the grip he held on her. It really was ironic, the grip he enforced on her in that moment was a representation on the grip he's had on her all these years and not just physically, but oh so mentally.

"Let go of me." Millie whispered, struggling under his hard hold but he didn't budge, his fingers didn't move an inch as they firmly held her wrist.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you sweetheart?"

And just like clockwork - she came into contact with his fist colliding with her chin.

I guess old habits never die.

It wasn't hard enough to cause a brake, it was hard enough for Millie's jaw to tingle, hard enough for her to cry as a sharp pain coursed through the spot when she tried to open her mouth to scream for help. She needed help, she really needed help. She didn't think she could stand this anymore, it was too much for her to handle. And with her hand caressing her jaw in agony, she found herself wishing that Finn didn't save her life in that bathroom.

Millie could smell the hard liquor leaking from him like thick blood, making its way into her nostrils which made her a whole different type of scared. She knew he knew no boundaries in this state, she knew very well that the slight slant within his eyes were a bad sign.

She physically felt her heartbeat bleed out of her chest, and all of a sudden she felt numb as she dropped to the floor with another hit to the chest. She was going to pass out, and she did as Robert still sent hard kicks to her ribs.

"How DARE you speak back to me!"

But she didn't feel it, her eyes started to close as her eyelids gave up on her. She didn't pass out from the pain, because white frankly she took worse. But she was exhausted, she couldn't hold herself up to take it anymore. So, she let the darkness consume her because the more she allowed this, the less she could feel his foot colliding into her, the less she could hear the constant ringing in her ears.