The truth comes out

Late again this week:( SORRY!

Can't believe i've reached 1K :D

Thank you!!

Enjoy this chapter!:*

CHAPTER 24

************************

Hazel's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speechless. No one said a word. Silence filled the back of the ambulance as the paramedics did, what ever they're doing.

"Hazel they're gonna do the best they can" Kyle said. I've never really thought about him, Ash is his best friend, practically his only friend I never even considered him in any of this.

Never thought how it may affect him, or even Rosie for that matter!! God i've been so selfish.

"Guy's i'm sorry" I sighed.

They both looked at me gone out so I jumped in explaining.

"I dragged you all the way here for me, without even knowing what I was gonna do when we did find him! Then I ended up almost killing him"

"I should have listened to you at the beginning Rosie. At least he'd still be alive" I said. Even though I just said it, I am, to be honest, glad that I came out here and at least tried. I still think he could have changed? He never would have just saved me for no reason?

You can't hold drudges after all and people do change.

"I am alive" I heard a muffled voice come from the middle of the crowd of paramedics around Ash.

"Ash!" Kyle said, surprised but happy.

"Good news guys" One of the paramedics called out, "Look's like you got away with just a broken leg mate" He explained.

"That means I can just, not go to hospital?" Ash asked.

"Well we'll still need to do some checks, but not for long, no" He answered.

Relief fluttered around the ambulance. I haven't killed my crush

I mentally said, always a good thing, don't you think?

We got to the hospital and he was wheeled out, straight into a room. We followed closely behind and once he was attached to the monitors, the nurses left and it was just us 4.

"I think this was a sign" I said when I realised no one else was going to say anything. This is probably one of the most awkward situations of my life. All i've wanted to do for ages was to find Ash and talk to him about 'us'. We find him and I can't even find the words for what to say, let alone know what to say.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked for everyone else

"Ash you can't stay here, not like this" I sighed, knowing he'll argue back. It's Ash! Of Course he won't agree.

"Like what?" He asked, sounding offended.

"Ash you have no home! No money, no food and NO job" I stated in a matter of fact way. "There's no way you're better off out here than back home so don't bother saying that either" I added.

"You know Hazel's right Ash" Rosie agreed, knew she'd be helpful! We just to somehow persuade him to come home.

"Else i'm not leaving either." I said, nervous for the reactions but not regretting that I said it. It needed to be said...

"What!" Rosie exclaimed, but I ignored her and Kyle squabble. All I was interested in was Ash's response.

"You, why? What?" He stuttered, looking confused, but a good confused.

"Ash i'm not leaving you here again" I explained.

"Pfft. Yah! Right" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You do remember me telling you I heard you, right?" He said.

These situations make me awkward, he actually heard me say that! I can't exactly lie my way out of it, which means i'll have to tell the truth. Right here, right now.

Here goes..

"Yes...I meant it then" I said, "But I don't now!" I quickly added before he could say another word.

He looked at me like he wanted to believe me, but couldn't.

"What changed then? huh" He asked, fishing his way for an answer. "What's the point in me coming home if everyone feels that way about me!?" He argued.

It's really frustrating how he thinks everyone hates him. I mean, yes most people do, but doesn't he realise it hurts the way he keeps going on about it? When I clearly don't hate him, anymore.

"But not everyone does!" I replied, forgetting Rosie and Kyle were even still here.

"Hazel don't lie! I know they do. It's what I wanted, I did those things on purpose. Except I don't want it anymore. But I can't just go back on it can I" He sighed, the truth coming out. Who'd have thought you could feel sorry for him?

"But you can!" I exclaimed, "Come back home and you can start to make a difference! Change the way people feel about you" I begged, "It's obviously achievable" I mumbled, hoping he doesn't actually hear. Look at how easy my opinion on him changed...

"Why? I'm better here where I can easily start over, fresh! No one wants me back anyway" He sighed again, being really negative now.

"Actually Ash, you know what? I happen to know someone who does want you back, and they don't care what everyone else thinks" I admitted, started to the slate clean. Dropping hints

"Oh really?" He asked sarcastically, "Who? And don't even think about saying my family, because they don't care about me" He said, and looked away from me for a second to Kyle who returned a sympathetic look. Supposedly since they're friends, Kyle knows his history so i'm guessing by that look it's true, Ash's family don't care. But like I said before...I don't care what other people think. Family or Not.

"No, not them" I said, softer now.

"Well...who then?" He asked. For a split second I saw his eyes drift down to my lips before returning back to my eyes.

The 3 seconds of silence felt like forever as I decided what to do next.

Do I tell him?

Do I leave it?

But without another thought, I found myself doing something, more drastic than I ever knew I could even imagine doing.

No words would be enough to explain to Ash who i'm talking about, or what I mean by it.

I couldn't find the words to tell him how I felt before and that led to him being hit by a truck.

So this time, right now, I didn't say a thing.

So what did I do?....I crashed our lips together.

Our lips moved in perfect sync for no more than 5 seconds when I pulled away when I realised what i'd just done.

"Me" I whispered.

"I want you back"

A/N -

OH. MY. JESUS. CHRIST. ON. THE. CROSS.

I'm shocked and I wrote it;)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave your opinions in the comments! Good or Bad I don't care, I just need your thoughts!

If they're bad I can improve:*

VOTE COMMENT SHARE AND FOLLOW!

~ Tilly_xoxo