Chapter Two- I'm Not Going On A Date That My Mom Sets Up!

Chapter Two

"I'm not going on a date that my mom sets up!"

"If you don't find a decent Latino, you might have to."

Elena sat in the coffee shop at the table in the corner and stared up at the blackboard menu

Elena sat in the coffee shop at the table in the corner and stared up at the blackboard menu. The chair opposite scraped across the floor with a shrill screech as Eudora pulled out the chair and slumped down.

"Tough day?" Elena asked, still looking at the board.

"Tough week." Eudora replied.

"What's troubling you, pal?" Elena asked, planting her elbow on the table and resting her chin on it, looking at Eudora intently in a childish gaze. Eudora smiled at her weakly. She looked drained.

"Work's giving me grief." She sighed, banging her head on the table and staying there, slumped over with her ponytail flipped forward in a mess on the table top.

"'Work'? Or someone at work?" Elena stressed. Eudora nodded her head still resting on the table. Elena had known Eudora long enough to know she was nodding. "You got...boy trouble?" She asked, leaning across the table and whispering coyly into where she thought Eudora's ear was. Elena had to lurch back as Eudora snapped back up to sitting upright.

"I got boy trouble." Eudora admitted. Elena's jaw dropped in an astounded smile. "But not like!" Eudora corrected, pointing a finger at Elena. Her face fell.

"What's the problem?" Elena coaxed. "I need the gossip!"

"My ex-partner is back. He keeps messing up my crime scenes, thinking he's still a cop. I can't get anything done!"

"Ex- partner? As in ex-boyfriend or ex-'cop that went to investigate with you'?" Elena questioned.

"Both!"

"Oh that is bad!"

"He got kicked out of the police academy!" Eudora complained, throwing her arms up in frustration, "He is not a cop! But he keeps investigating and interrogating my perps like he own the freaking place!"