Chapter Five- There's No Excuse For Being A Dick

Chapter Five

"There's no excuse for being a dick!"

"But if there was, that would be it, right?"

The sound of arguing brought Elena around. As soon as she regained consciousness the pain from her head hit her like a truck. A sharp sting shot from the top of her head and along her spine. The sharp pain made her jolt up right. Now she was awake, she could make out what the arguing was about.

"We can't just leave her there, we have no idea who she is."

"Klaus knows her."

"When have we trusted Klaus? Seriously? We have no idea who this woman is."

"Well it's not like we can move her. She took a pretty nasty hit, she'll be out for hours with a head injury like that."

Upon hearing their comments, Elena began regaining fragments of what had happened. She winced as she remembered getting pounded square on the head.

She lifted her hand to feel where she had been hit but to her surprise there was no bump there. Her hand met something sticky and came away red. Her eyes widened and she frantically felt around her head again but could feel no trace of a cut. She'd have to set up a precarious system of mirrors when she got home to examine the back of her head more carefully.

"Hey, you shouldn't be up." Elena heard. Klaus' brother sauntered over, the one with the knives. His enormous brother and the actress, Allison, were huddled together at the other side of the room. They were clearly the ones who had been arguing about her. No wonder, she had promised she wouldn't get in their way. Now look where she was.

"Diego, lay off her." Allison defended as she too came over and helped Elena sit up without falling over, even though Elena felt fine. Diego...Elena was sure she had heard that name before...

"Thanks." Elena mumbled as Allison help her up. "But I'm fine, really."

"There," Diego said, brandishing a knife in Elena's direction. "She says she's fine!"

"Only five seconds ago you told us she's got a serious injury and would be out for hours." Allison sneered, folding her arms and Diego's inconsistency. Diego shrugged.

"If she says she's fine, she's fine. She should go home." He said, turning his back on the two women.

"He's right. I should get home. My mom'll freak if I don't get back." Elena reasoned, standing up. Allison stood up too and held her arms out, cautious that Elena would topple right back over. Elena smiled at her, reassuring Allison that she was okay.

"Is Klaus around?" Elena asked before she left.

"No one's see that good for nothing addict since last night. Probably ran and hid at the first sign of those psycos." Diego snapped and pointed down the hall. "The door's that way." He said, staring at Elena. She nodded and buttoned her coat as she walked down the hall.