Kyoya x Insecure Reader

Requested by pastel_rainclouds

It was another long night. You were up late thinking about so much that you couldn't help but want to break down. It all came into place when you looked into your mirror across from your bed. As soon as you saw your reflection your heart began to pour out. The tears ran down your cheeks like rain down a gutter.

Then you could hear a knock on your door.

"I'm busy. Please go away." You held back your tears long enough to speak, not caring who it was.

"(Y/n) it's me, Kyoya. I came by to drop off your textbooks. You forgot them at my house." His muffled, deep voice spoke through the door.

You stopped crying and froze in fear.

"Give me a minute!" You shouted before grabbing a baby wipe to gently clean your face off.

Your face had a pinkish tint, but you quickly put some concealer on to cover it up.

"It's late." You said when you opened your door.

"I know but.. Have you been crying? You're eyes are red." Kyoya's voice grew with concern.

"Nah, I just haven't slept in a while." You lied, feeling a pang of guilt in your chest.

"Can you let me in?" Kyoya asked, not believing you.

You sheepishly looked away as you opened the door.

"(Y/n), you've been acting weird lately. You don't eat, you don't sleep, you constantly avoid others. What's going on?" Kyoya sat next to you on your bed.

"I just- I haven't been feeling that great.. That's all." You tried not to open up too much.

"Don't lie. Just open up to me." His piercing eyes looked straight into your soul.

"I- I can't." The tears almost escaped your eyes once again, but you refused to let them.

"I guess I won't make you talk to me, but just know that you're loved. By all of us Host members as well as your family. Okay?" He tried to console you and you nodded your head.

"You're beautiful u know?" He grabbed your chin facing you towards him.

That was the cherry on top. The thing that made you break down in front of him. You cried into his neck and he just held you, not really saying anything. He just let you cry into him and when you stopped crying, he talked.

"Are you upset because you don't like yourself?" Everything just added up to him. He was able to put all the pieces together after noticing everything you had done these past two weeks.

"Yes. I do." You nearly choked on your words.

"There's no need to hate yourself. You're a smart young lady and even though you may not see it, you are beautiful. You have so much potential inside you." He hugged you, as he tried to be as nurturing as he could.

"Kyoya.. You're too kind." A weak smile grew onto your face as you looked up at him.

"Ha. No I'm not. I'm just telling you as it is." He kissed your forehead, leaving you in shock.

"Well.. Thanks." You were blushing hard from his actions.

"Why don't we go out for boba? It could cheer you up." His usual grin grew on his face as he suggested the action.

"Okay. I'd like that." You responded with a bright smile on your face.

He locked arms with you and then drove you to your favorite cafe to get some boba. You talked for hours on end about your problems to him, as you walked in the streetlit city of Tokyo. He listened to everything you said and would talk about how he might be able to help you. At the end of the night, he drove you back home leaving you with a surprise.

"See you tomorrow (Y/n)." He then proceeded to kiss you.

Your eyes widened in shock, but soon enough you melted into the kiss. His lips still tasted sweet from the boba. It felt like bliss.

"S-see you Kyoya." You blushed harder then before and walked into your home.

                            ★ ☆ ★ ☆

Hope you enjoyed this. I'm trying something a little different with my writing. Tell me what you think I could improve.