TWO

When Yoongi didn't show up to the pool the next week, Taehyung decided to do some investigating.

"Jungkook, who was that guy at your party last week? The one who was friends with the guy called Hoseok." Taehyung asked Jungkook, who had owned the pool that had hosted the pool party. Jungkook shrugged.

"I don't know, Hoseok hyung was invited by Namjoon hyung-"

"Thanks!" Taehyung then ran off, leaving Jungkook alone.

"I'll just go back to what I was doing..." Jungkook muttered, before opening his laptop back up and grinning.

"Wait, where does Namjoon live?" Taehyung asked, making Jungkook quickly close his laptop and suspiciously act innocent.

"U-Uh, he lives on the other side of town, near the shopping centre..." Jungkook said. Taehyung frowned at him before smiling.

"Thanks!" Taehyung disappeared again and Jungkook relaxed, reopening his laptop. Taehyung then appear again and Jungkook slammed his laptop shut. "What're you doing?"

"N-Nothing!" Jungkook said a bit too quickly. Taehyung frowned again, staring at him for a few minutes.

"Okay! Bye!" Taehyung rushed off and Jungkook waited a few minutes before opening his laptop again. He waited a few more minutes before relaxing and clicking play on the video he'd been watching.

"Previously on Glee..."

-

"Hey Namjoon hyung, who was Hoseok hyung's friend at Jungkook's party last week?" Taehyung asked Namjoon, who was squinting at him as he leaned against the doorway. He was only wearing boxers, given he'd only just woken up, but it didn't seem to phase Taehyung.

It was making Namjoon's neighbour, who was out in the garden, a bit flustered though.

"Uh... Which one?" Namjoon asked, frowning as he tried to remember back that far.

"The pool party." Namjoon continued to frown.

"Was that the one where Hoseok slept with Jungkook, or the one where he fell unconscious in the bath?"

"The Jungkook one."

"Oh, Seokjin hyung invited Hoseok that time." Taehyung sighed, his shoulders slumping.

"Where does Seokjin hyung live?" Namjoon pointed over at the man who was bent over as he planted a flower in the ground. Taehyung looked over at Seokjin and then back at Namjoon before frowning. "You perv!"

"Ow, what was that for??" Namjoon exclaimed as he clutched his head, which Taehyung had bonked.

"You were staring at him dodgily!"

"What? He shouldn't bend over like that if he doesn't want to be stared at. Plus, he's just so cute! Look!" Taehyung looked back over at Seokjin, who had stood up and was now facing them. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, the other hand on his waist. Namjoon silently fanboyed next to Taehyung.

"You still shouldn't stare at him weirdly. Now I'm going to talk to him. Bye pervert." Taehyung slowly walked over to Seokjin's house.

"Tell him I said hi!" Namjoon called out after him, and Taehyung ignored him.

"Seokjin hyung..." Taehyung said, jumping over the fence and narrowly missed landing on Seokjin's favourite rose bush. Seokjin stared at him for a few moments before pulling his gardening gloves off.

"Yeah?" He asked, throwing his gloves on to a nearby garden chair and looked back at Taehyung.

"Namjoon hyung said you invited Hoseok hyung to the party last week. Do you know who his friend was?"

"Was that the one where-"

"The one where Hoseok hyung slept with Jungkook." Taehyung quickly answered, not wanting to go through this again.

"Hoseok did what?" Seokjin's voice suddenly became cold, his face growing dark as a murderous glint appeared in his eyes. "He did what to my baby?"

"Uh, nothing, he just fell unconscious with Jungkook in the bathroom." Seokjin continued to glare at Taehyung, while Taehyung feared for both his and Hoseok's life.

"Oh, okay." Seokjin shrugged, returning to his previous mood. "Hoseok's friend was Yoongi."

"And do you know where he lives?" Taehyung asked, growing excited as he suppressed the celebrations. After running around town for the whole day, he was glad someone finally knew who the guy he was looking for was.

"He lives across the road from Jungkook's." Taehyung collapsed to the ground, slowly giving up on life. Seokjin was slightly taken aback. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Taehyung began to slowly crawl away, his soul floating out of him and up into the sky. "I'll just go back to Jungkook's house."

-

"Yoongi hyung! Yoongi hyung! You home?" Taehyung continued to knock on the door, trying to see through the curtains to see if Yoongi was home. "Yoongi hyung?"

Taehyung's phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out, opening up his messages.

Jibooty: Where are you? You're supposed to be saving people's lives and looking sexy!!
Alien: Oh no! I forgot! I've been running around all day!
Jibooty: Well get your butt over here and let me go home. My laptop is calling to me.

Taehyung quickly ran home to grab his lifeguard clothes and then ran to the pool, quietly singing his own theme music as he ran.

Once he'd arrived, he got changed and walked out to the pool, where Jimin was impatiently waiting by the side of the pool.

"Took you long enough. Four trees haven't been planted because of you!" Jimin snapped when Taehyung walked up to him.

"Sorry..." Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck and Jimin walked off, already stripping off his lifeguard shirt. "Oh, and be careful of viruses!"

"I always am!" Jimin yelled back before disappearing off into the change rooms. Taehyung sighed as he turned around and looked out at the people swimming in the pool.

Someone splashed his feet and he looked down, his eyes widening.

"You! When did you get here??" He exclaimed as he pointed at Yoongi, who was staring grumpily up at him.

"I've been here since lunchtime, waiting for you." Yoongi replied, attempting to get out of the pool. Taehyung held out a hand and helped him up. Yoongi then sat on the edge of the pool. "Do you know how annoying it's been, having to deal with all the little kids who showed up around three?"

"I'm sorry. But I was running all over town, looking for you." Yoongi frowned at him.

"Why?" Taehyung sighed as he sat down next to him.

"You weren't there this morning."

"I had work." Taehyung looked at Yoongi, who was now staring down at the water.

"Where do you work?"

"Across the road." Yoongi pointed over at the wire fence, pointing at the cafe that was across the road.

"I go there every day..." Taehyung muttered, wondering why he'd never seen Yoongi before.

"I'm the delivery guy." Taehyung sighed, his shoulders slumping.

"All that running, and you were across the road..."

"No I wasn't, I was at Jungkook's." Taehyung frowned at Yoongi.

"I'm his tutor."

-

-

-