FOUR

Seokjin was standing out the front in his garden, watering his treasured roses. Namjoon was in his front yard... not doing much...

For the most part, Namjoon was slowly going through his mail while watching Seokjin, slowly walking back into his house while watching Seokjin, getting distracted by an imaginary thing on the ground while watching Seokjin and eventually going back inside, while still watching Seokjin.

"Boo!" Namjoon said while poking his head over the fence, making Seokjin squeal and throw the hose into the air. Water splashed over the two of them as the hose flicked over the place, drenching them in water.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Seokjin exclaimed, regaining control of his hose.

"It's alright, I was just thinking, it's a pretty hot day today..." Namjoon said, chuckling as he attempted to squeeze the water out of his shirt by twisting it up.

"I'm really sorry! Do you... Do you want to come in and dry yourself and had a drink, to make up for drenching you." Namjoon, of course, jumped at the opportunity of going into Seokjin's house and conversing with him.

"Sure, have you got any coffee?"

-

Namjoon watched as Seokjin pulled his shirt off, oblivious to the fact he was being watched. Namjoon licked his lips before sipping the coffee Seokjin made him.

Seokjin put a new shirt on, much to Namjoon's disappointment, and returned to the lounge room. Namjoon hurried back to his seat, having moved to get a better view of Seokjin. He attempted to act natural as Seokjin smiled and sat down across from him, taking a sip from his own coffee.

"I'm really sorry about earlier." Seokjin said again and Namjoon smiled, shaking his head.

"Nah, it's all good." It let me see you shirtless. Seokjin just smiled and took another sip from his coffee. They sat in silence before Seokjin spoke again.

"So you're Namjoon, right?" Namjoon nodded. "Sorry, we've been neighbours for God knows how long and I still don't know your name. I mean, I'd heard people say it, but I'd never actually had to say it myself..."

You can say my name all you want, though moaning it is better...

"It's all good, I forgive you. You're Seokjin, right? You were at Jungkook's party." Namjoon smiled, trying to act natural despite the many thoughts going through his head.

"Yeah, I'm his mum." Silence fell between them as Seokjin slowly realised what he'd said and Namjoon slowly processed what he'd said. "I mean, I'm like his mum. I'm not actually..."

Seokjin trailed off as he laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. Namjoon smiled, chuckling slightly.

"That's good, you got me worried for a second. I thought you were a girl, and to be honest I don't really go for chics." Namjoon stood up. "Anyway, I'd better be off. See ya round, neighbour."

Before Seokjin could show Namjoon off, Namjoon left, leaving Seokjin to process what Namjoon had said to him. His jaw dropped and his hands slapped his cheeks as he made a shocked face.

"He likes me??"

-

Taehyung held Yoongi's hands as he pulled him through the water, Yoongi feeling stupid and childish as he did so.

"This is stupid." Yoongi muttered once he stood up, water dripping down his face. Taehyung smiled, patting his shoulder.

"No it's not, you won't learn to swim if you don't get lessons."

"But I know how to swim, I just can't stay afloat." Yoongi huffed, shaking his head.

"Well, I don't know what else we're supposed to do... Have you ever thought of using floaties?" Taehyung suggested and Yoongi scrunched up his nose, shaking his head.

"I'm not using floaties, they're for little kids." Taehyung shrugged.

"I don't what else to do..."

"Let's just go get ice cream or something, I can't be stuffed doing this anymore." Yoongi hopped out of the pool, closely followed by Taehyung.

"Ice cream sounds good."

-

Taehyung watched as Yoongi licked his vanilla icecream, his tongue darting out of his mouth the scoop up the white, frozen deliciousness and then disappearing back inside his mouth.

Taehyung shifted in his seat before realising he'd been holding his icecream too tightly and the cone had cracked, causing the icecream to drip down his fingers.

Yoongi looked up from his icecream at the wrong time, looking up to see Taehyung licking his long fingers. His eyes widened and he quickly looked back down at his icecream, his face growing red as thoughts ran through his head.

Thoughts of Taehyung licking up some other sort of substance...

Yoongi really needed to get out more.

-

-

-