EIGHT

"What'd you do that for??" Yoongi exclaimed as he rubbed his mouth furiously with the back of his hand. He was now sitting on the beach chair, glaring at Taehyung.

"What? It's not like I haven't done it before..." Taehyung shrugged, as if casually kissing someone was no big deal.

"What do you mean you've done it before??" Yoongi exclaimed, rubbing his mouth even more aggressively.

"Mouth to mouth resuscitation is like kissing... And I've done that a couple of times." Yoongi resumed glaring at Taehyung, who was annoying calm about the whole situation. Though, he was the one who kissed Yoongi, so it was kind of expected for him to be calm.

"Well it's kind of different. One of them is made for saving someone's life, the other one is... kissing..." Taehyung shrugged again.

"Same thing."

Yoongi just glared at Taehyung.

-

"What should we do?" Hoseok asked Jungkook, looking over at him. Jungkook shrugged, looking around the park that they were sitting at. They'd been doing what they always did when they were bored - sitting down on a park bench, judging everyone that walked past.

"We could go to Jimin's, he's probably not doing anything." Jungkook suggested and Hoseok nodded, standing up. He stretched as Jungkook also stood up and the pair began walking towards Jimin's house.

They got to the exit of the park and both paused, looking at each other as they realised they didn't know where Jimin lived.

"Do you know where he lives?" Hoseok asked Jungkook, who shook his head.

"I just know he works at the pool with Taehyung. I used to pretend to hang out with Taehyung when they had a joint shift so I could watch Jimin with his shirt off."

"Was this when we were dating or after?" Jungkook shook his head.

"We were never dating, that was just a dream you had."

"Oh yeah..." They fell silent, both having forgotten about the task at hand.

"We should ask Taehyung." Jungkook said when he realised they'd gotten distracted.

"Or we could go to the pool, he might be there."

"Which is closer?" Jungkook asked and they both fell silent again as they tried to figure out where each of the places were.

"The pool." They said simultaneously.

-

When the pair arrived at the pool, they discovered that it was neither Jimin or Taehyung's shift. A girl stood by the pool, wearing a lifeguard bikini as she watched all the swimmers. There seemed to be a larger amount of male swimmers than usual.

"Hey, do you know where Jimin is?" Jungkook asked, while Hoseok just stared at the lifeguard.

"He's at home, it's his day off." She replied, turning to face them.

"Do you know where his home is?"

"And what's your name, and number?" Hoseok asked, pushing in front of Jungkook.

"Hey, get away from Krystal!" Hoseok was suddenly falling into the pool as someone pushed him. He spluttered as he surfaced, splashing water everywhere. Jungkook chuckled behind his hand as Hoseok climbed out of the pool, glaring at the person who had pushed him.

"What was that for?" Jungkook continued to smile as he watched Hoseok, whose clothes were clinging to him in ways that Jungkook liked.

"You were trying to get Krystal's number." Krystal sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Amber, please, guys are allowed to ask for my number. It's not like I was going to give it to him anyway." Amber frowned, crossing her arms. "And you. Jimin lives in that new apartment block. You know the one near the mall."

"Yeah..." Jungkook nodded, slightly distracted by Hoseok, who was making no effort to cover himself as his clothes clung to him. Although it was nothing Jungkook hadn't already seen, it was still distracting.

"Just go there and he should be there. His apartment is... Fourty-two."

"Okay, thanks. Come on, Hoseok." Jungkook grabbed Hoseok's hand and pulled him away, leaving Krystal and Amber at the pool.

"He was cute." Krystal said as she watched Jungkook walk off.

"I didn't like his friend." Krystal smiled, looking at Amber.

"You don't like anyone who flirts with me." Amber just nodded, not even bothering to deny it. Because it was true.

-

After a lot more walking, a couple of bus trips and a lunch break, Hoseok and Jungkook found Jimin's apartment block. It turned out Jungkook's sense of direction was something that couldn't be trusted, and he'd ended up getting them lost in the other side of town.

The elevator was broken despite the block being new, and Hoseok and Jungkook had to walk up multiple stories to get to Jimin's apartment. And Hoseok was still slightly wet from the pool incident.

They stood in front of Jimin's door, and Hoseok being Hoseok just walked straight in. Jungkook followed.They'd been walking almost all day, they were tired and didn't really care about privacy anymore.

It was only once they reached the lounge room that they started to care again.

Everyone froze, staring at each other. Jungkook turned bright red, Hoseok chuckled uncomfortably and Jimin just stared at them. The only activity came from Jimin's laptop, which was moaning loudly.

"Well..." Hoseok said eventually. "This is a surprise..."

-

-

-