Part 13

Nat P.O.V.

"Natasha, are you alright?" Shuri's voice woke me up from my daydreaming. I was imagining that Steve was here, by my side.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking," I replied. I had been here for another week now, and not having Steve by my side was killing me!

"I know that look, you miss him," Shuri answered for me, I didn't bother to put on a mask here, it took too much of the very little energy I had left.

"I miss him like hell, but I can't ask him to come here. I'm scared that of what he'll say after how I left him," I analyzed out loud. How on earth would Steve come here and forgive me after what I did?

"Well, why not we call him... and just see what he says," she urged.

"No! I ran away from him, in a time we both needed to be together. He won't forgive me, he has every right to be mad-" I cut myself off from my rant as I saw Shuri hitting some numbers on her phone, "-what are you doing?!"

"Doing what you don't have the guts to do, calling your boyfriend."

"Shuri! No!" I reached for the phone, but the very large baby bump got in the way. I have no idea how I was going to make it seven more months if this bump kept growing at the rate it did, but I trusted Shuri to get us three through.

"Hi Steve," she smiled at me mischievously as is appears he had answered. I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

Steve P.O.V.

Natasha had disappeared two weeks ago, no one had seen any trace of her. I was hopeful the first week, knowing someone would find a very pregnant redhead who was in dire need of medical attention. I went to the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters every day, and they always gave the same update. 'We're looking for her, no sign yet, but we'll find her, Captain Rodgers.'

They said the same thing over and over, as did Fury and every other agent I knew. The rehearsed line was comforting at first, but now everytime they said it, it was like a blow to the heart. They were dealing with a master spy, far beyond anyone at S.H.I.E.L.D., finding her would be next to impossible. They had even sent Barton out, and he hadn't found anything. Where ever Nat was, she didn't want to be found.

I'll be honest, the first few days I was bloody mad at her. She ran away, how could she? I needed her here... selfishly. After the days I was angry, everything became clear, and I realized that if I were in her shoes, I probably would have done the exact same thing. Made the self-sacrificing play for the greater good. Anyways, how could I stay mad at her, I loved the woman so much. I just prayed that she was alright and alive.

I kept the news on everyday, checking every hospital's 'Jane Doe's' I could find and watching the news channels round the clock. I used her laptop to find anything I could, she had left some hacking programs of her own design open and I used them to check surveillance, but I hadn't found anything yet. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I never gave up. I loved her, and I wasn't going to rest until I found her.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring, I picked it up hoping it was someone with some news, but it was an unknown number. I answered anyways, as I had been doing for the past two weeks.

"Hello?"

"Hi Steve," a vaguely familiar voice asked.

"Sorry, who is this?"

"Shuri," she replied. I was surprised to hear it was her, I didn't know her all that well and hadn't talked to her since Bucky was in Wakanda.

"Yes, sorry," I spoke, trying not to offend her because I didn't know her by her voice.