Part 18

Steve P.O.V.

Natasha was laying down with the Little Zygote in her lap. I was curled around her side and let her use my arm as a head rest. My other hand was going between rubbing her stomach and rubbing the baby. I could feel her muscles contracting still, but they were back to being very far apart and mild enough that Natasha didn't even flinch when they came. She was smiling down at the baby with such love, it made my heart melt all the more.

"Why not I take Little Zygote here, and you rest while you can," I suggested to her.

"No, no, I'm fine, I just want to be with this little guy," she grinned as she gently rubbed his feet. I wanted to stay in this moment forever as well, but I knew it would be better in the long run it Natasha rested now.

"Nat, you're going to have to go through that all again, you should sleep and get ready now... please," I reminded, hating to be the bearer of bad news, but she was so distracted and infatuated with the baby, she didn't seem all that upset. I moved myself off the bed, and took the little one from her hand. Her face fell as I did, she watched as I carried him over to the small crib the nurses had provided for us to put him into.

"Alright, now you can rest, and I'll watch Little Zygote," I stated, as she moved her head into a comfortable position with a sigh, but relaxed all the same. I watched her breathing, and still a part of me was so scared that it could stop. I tried hard not to show her how truly scared I was about losing her, knowing it would only worry her more. I watched as a few contractions came and went, I could see the muscles tightening, but the most she did was grimace slightly at the pain. Between the contractions, her breathing would slow down and even out, so I knew she was asleep. It was a relief for me to know that she was getting some rest between deliveries.

"Hey, little guy," I cooed at the small at the small infant I was now a father to, "Mommy won't let me name you until your sibling comes into the world too," I smiled. Then I remembered that this baby was the small one. Shuri had whispered that fact into my ear, careful not to let Natasha know, knowing that would only discourage her.

I was just as mesmerized at this child as Natasha was. He had blue eyes like mine, and blonde hair like me too, but he had her ears and her lips. His nose was something between ours both, he was perfect. I was watching him, when he started to cry, "oh, shh, shh," I coaxed hoping he wouldn't wake up his mother, but it was too late for that.

"I think he's hungry," I came over when I saw that she was awake. I handed him off to her, and came down and laid next to her as well.

"Steve, I've never done this before," she looked up at me with concern, worried she would mess it up.

"I'm sure it's just instinct," I should have done more reading, I know Nat had read every book on everything, but still didn't trust herselt to enact it. "Here," I said as I reached behind her back and helped slip down the hospital gown she was wearing, revealing her breasts.

She put Little Zygote up to it, and I watched as he took it in stride, he began to make a suckling noise. I looked up to find Natasha's face full of shock and surprise. "What is it?" I laughed out, her face was so cute.

"I don't know... it's not what I expected it to feel like," she answered, her face showing that she was still adjusting to the odd sensation.

"What does it feel like?" I questioned, just enjoying her voice sounding relaxed and not strained.

"Nothing like when you do it," she joked and we both laughed. I leaned down and kissed her, she returned the action, smiling throughout it. I started to smile too, but we stayed there, a happy family... just waiting on baby number two to come out.