Chapter 12

Amina(pov)

Waking up was harder and  harder.. today was Saturday,  the day Cassie gets Initiated to the notorious pack. It's so funny,  we grew up hearing stories of this pack being the most cruel and merciless pack in ther world. That wasn't true,  a few pack member knew I was staying outside the border, they came and visit me with gifts and food. Ethan came around alot. He's mated,  but he keeps on telling me, he can't shake the feeling that he has to protect me. The TIC known as the third in command job is to protect the Luna, even if it means with his life, he'll protect the Luna from the alpha if needed. His loyalty is to his alpha, but his duty is to his Luna.  Long story short, he felt the need to protect me, but he doesn't know why. He doesn't know, im his alpha mate. The only people that know is Cassie, Kingston and I.  Yea it hurts knowing my mate kept me a secret, but I'm pretty immune to the pain now.

Today Cassie, Noah, Ethan his mate Jessica plus daughter Allyson, are coming over for dinner after the whole ceremony. Of course they're bringing the food, cause to be quite honest,  I've been living off of what Cassie been stealing from the packhouse for me. So  yeah free food. I'm super excited for Cassie, after a year and a couple months, she can finally be in a pack once again.  With her mate. The only thing that's suck is that I can no longer mind link her anymore.

Its 3pm meaning it's time to start the ceremony.  Even though I won't be there. But I'll still be cheering from here.  They should be done in an hour or two,  depending how big the pack is.. Kingston should be cutting his palm right about now. I'm an alpha daughter, I've seen my daddy initiate many new pack members in. Usually the whole pack is there unless there on patrol.  Speaking of patrol I should pay one of my favorite patrol guard a visit. It's Saturday, he should be there...

"Hi Paul, he waved back,  Paul is 24 years old, he's the son of a regular wolf, but work his way up to becoming the patrol guard, his next stop,  a warrior for the pack.
"Hey Amina, how's it going" he asked.  "Good good,  just waiting for everyone to be done, so they can come over, there bringing dinner, what time are you off" i questioned. "I believe 5pm, why what's up?" He asked.  "Thought maybe you'd like to join us" i said kicking the dirt with my feet, while my eyed glued to the ground. Not wanting him to see the disappointment in my eyes in case he decline ther offer. "Sure save me a plate" he said.  I lifted my head up.. "really" i ask making sure i heard right.  "Yeah I'm down". He said with a smile. "Okay, you know where I live, it's the only occupied cottage, I'll leave my porch light on, so you won't get lost" i said turning around heading back home. Not before hearing him laugh out loud.

"Hey, come on in guys" I said excitedly. "This is Jessica my mate,  this little princess is my daughter,  Allyson" Ethan said proudly. "Hello, just call me Jess, and this little one Ally" Jessica said. "There's 7 plates out" Cassie says raising an eyebrow. "Well I invited someone else" i reply back. "Who?" Both Ethan and Noah said simultaneously. Acting like the big brothers i always wanted. "A friend" i respond. "A girl or a guy friend" Cassie asks with her eyebrow still raise up. "C'mon guys can't I have some friends, without being interrogated" throwing my hands up in the air showing my frustration.  "I'm sure whoever it is,  they'll be great" Jessica jumping in to save my ass.

"It's Paul, can you mind link him to see when he'll be here" i turned to ask the boys... "I'll mind link him, i forgot ketchup for ther burgers" Noah said. "Thanks" i said.  "He said he got the ketchup, and is headed to ask for clearance" Noah said. "Clearance for what" i asked. "Amina we can't just crossed ther border without clearance from the alpha, cause then anyone can come in and out without us knowing". He replied.
"Oooh" was all I had to say. I guess that's why daddy didn't hand me the alpha role. I still had alot ri learn.