-23-

Back to Y/N's POV
I sat down on one of the tables in the café and waited for my drink to come. I ordered a black coffee since I was craving for it.

I noticed a man with a mask come inside the café. The bartenders' eyes widened as they saw him, I was guessing it was someone famous.

My phone vibrated so I brought it out then checked the notification.

TEXT MESSAGE: PRIVATE MESSAGE

Yugyeom: I see you

Me: Are you the guy with a black mask and a black jacket?

Yugyeom: Color of pants?

Me: Blue denim Pants

Yugyeom: Go outside, we'll attract a lot of attention if we stay here

Me: You mean, YOU'LL attract attention

Yugyeom: Shush

Me: —Noona

Yugyeom: Your drink is here already, let's go

Me: How do you know?

Yugyeom: It's in my hands

Me: What about yours?

Yugyeom: I'm an idol from this entertainment, they made mine speedily

Me: Brat

Yugyeom: 😇

I stood up then smiled at him. He led the way and we walked out of the café. Although I was wearing my mask, I was still panicky that I might be seen with him.

"Are you sure you won't be recognized by other people?", I asked. "They'll definitely recognize me.", Yugyeom replied as he looked at the other people.

I looked at him with surprise, which was covered by my mask. "Are you kidding me? Do you want a scandal?", I asked, trying to pinch him.

He grunted in pain and held onto his arm. "You're mean.", Yugyeom whined. "That's besides my point.", I said.

Yugyeom sighed. "Stop worrying and just follow my lead.", he said without a hint of worry. What on earth was this man up to?

I stayed quiet and just followed him. I had no idea where we were going, but as we walked to our destination, I realized that I saw fewer and fewer people.

It wasn't really a long walk, but since it was quite cold, and I didn't bring a jacket, my hand and legs were starting to feel cold.

He suddenly started walking slower and slower. He turned to face me. "You can remove your mask now, we're safe here.", Yugyeom said.

Before removing my mask, I looked around if anyone was watching. We were in a deserted alley. I carefully removed my mask and playfully smacked him on the arm.

"What was that for?", Yugyeom asked. "For being careless.", I replied. "Careless? When? How?", Yugyeom asked. I laughed.

"You could have just...just...Ugh! Forget it!", I said angrily, not knowing how to describe him. He removed his mask and smiled.

"Do I remind you of Jungkook?", Yugyeom asked. "Annoyingly, yes.", I replied, glaring at him. "That's why we're best friends.", he said.

"I wonder how you guys even met. Jungkookie is really shy and introverted, but when you meet him he's really annoying and extroverted.", I said.

"Well, I guess it started when we both started goofing around during the ISAC.", Yugyeom explained.

I gave him a face. He laughed. "I keep forgetting that you're living in the 1900s, ISAC stands for Idol Star Athletics Competitions.", he said.