22

"Hey mum," Luke said, standing as she walked into the room. Michael smiled, watching the two of them hug.

It was nice to see Luke so relaxed, and with someone he felt so comfortable with.

"You're looking better, even more handsome ay?"

"I've missed you so much,"

Luke held onto his mum tightly, never wanting to let go. If he did, she might go.

"I'm very proud of you,"

Michael gently got Luke to sit back down, wanting to let them talk and figure things out. Liz has been upset to hear that he was struggling to eat, but admired the strength her son had. He was getting better.

"I heard you had a little set back,"

"Are you mad?"

"No, it hurts to know you're hurting, but you're already getting better,"

"It's hard," he admitted, "I wish you could meet Calum and Freya,"

"Maybe next time," Michael smiled, "he's made a couple of friends here, with one of our older and one of our newer patients,"

"That's good, are they nice to you?"

"Yeah,"

"Do you like it here?"

"Sometimes I really wish I could come home, but Michael is really nice, and I actually have friends here, and the rooms are nice as well as my friend's therapists. I'd always choose home over here, but it's a nice place and they're helping me get better,"

"He's made so much progress since he got here, and although we had a set back, we've worked through it and even understand different ways to deal with this," Michael praised, "he can be a bit conscious while eating, but him and Freya eat together so that he doesn't feel so alone,"

"Will you visit me again?"

"As soon as I can, but I'm not leaving yet. Come and sit with me so I can see you,"

**

"Ashton, I don't even fit in my favourite pair of jeans anymore,"

"That's because you're having three meals a day, and you're not drinking all this alcohol and clubbing,"

"What do I wear?"

"Will anyone get you clothes?"

"Probably not,"

"I'll ask, otherwise I might be able to find some spare joggers and hoodies,"

"Can we just do the second option? My dad will just make comments,"

"I'm sure he wouldn't do that,"

"You don't live my life Ashton, can you stop making assumptions?"

"You are talking more, but you don't talk to me about these things. I have to dig, and therefore make assumptions,"

"Well it sucks, okay? It sucks and I wish I'd never started any of the things I had but now they're addicting and hate myself,"

Ashton shushed the girl, knowing she was close to tears and not wanting this to cause any damage.

"Carry on,"

"After mum left, dad still wanted to be some perfect family and my sister was already starting to go out and not be at events. He turned really strict, and shamed me so much so I started losing weight. Then he just ignored me, and I got with the wrong people but I thought it was right because they seemed to care,"

"How did you lose the weight, because your eating habits now still aren't the greatest,"

"Ate less, I enjoyed the feeling of hunger- I'm impressing him,"

"Freya, sweetheart, if he knew what you were doing he would care, whether you believe that or not. You and your body isn't about your dad anymore, it's how you feel and look. I know you've got a way to go, but don't you already feel healthier?"

"I feel cleaner, I guess. I don't know,"

"There's no wrong answer,"

"I guess, just like my chest and shoulders feel lighter, and it's easier to wake up and do things, and my head hurts less. When I shower it actually feels nice, but I feel bored,"

"Well, we can do a bit more now you've got a bit better. What do you like doing?"

"Talking, and I really want to get into reading but I just don't have the patience,"

"I know a couple of books you might like, and I reckon Luke and Calum would be up for talking. Anything else?"

"Just anything that distracts me, since I don't have anything anymore,"

"Distractions can be good, but you still need to face the problem head on,"