Chapter two

Andy pov

The shorter guy introduced himself as Andrew and the taller one as Cole. While Andrew seemed weary and on guard with me, Cole seemed to be having fun. They showed me to a place further away filled with other pale, red eyes. Or well, vampires as Cole said. The explanation made sense.

My instincts were on high alert once we met the others. Everything screamed at me to watch my back. Someone came up to talk to Cole, talking to low for me to hear. Cole nodded before going back to me. "Let's go, redhead, I've got something to talk to you about."

We go into a house at the edge of the 'camp'. I can't hear anyone else inside which eases my nerves.

"I'm guessing you're at most three weeks. I'm going to be frank. Your only chance of survival is staying here."

My eyes narrow at him. "And how do i know you're honest?" My voice sounds like bells shocking me.

"Because I'm the nicest guy you're going to meet. Stay here with my army. We fight others for land, you'll be trained and you don't have to fight for your food."

I hesitate as i go over my options. I realize that i don't have any other good option. Walk around until i find someone else and hope i win the fight? I sigh and give him a nod. "Fine..."

He clapped his hands. "Great."

Time skip

Cole took it upon himself to spend a few hours to show me around. He showed me a big warehouse with a few other vampires in. "Only my most trusted are allowed in here, if you want to get away from the others then go in here."

A blue haired girl loooked up from a book she was reading. "Who's the new girl?" She asked Cole.

"A new part of the army, and i'm sure she will be one of our strongest yet." She gave me a long look before returning to her book. Cole turned to me. "I'll let you settle in, see ya later, and do try not to rip anyone apart." He left me alone with the five others.

Only one of them really acknowledged me as i sat in one of the windows higher up from the ground. It was a guy, about my height with long black hair in a ponytail, his eyes are an almost glowing red. "So newbie, what's your name?" His casual stance surprised me and made me a little weary.

"Andy... What's yours?"

He gave me an actual smile. "Alex. Where did you get picked up?"

I shrug and pretty much curl up in the windowsill. "I don't know, somewhere.."

He chuckled. "You're quite young aren't you? The only time vampires are as skittish as you are when they're newborns."

My eyes narrow. "What's a newborn?"

"You don't know? I guess Cole didn't tell you much.. Well, a newborn is a new vampire, or baby vampire if you will."

"A baby vampire?"

He nods. "Yeah, you're a baby vampire. I guess you have something to do with Nick not coming back. You really must have potential if Cole was willing to replace Nick with you." He mused as he walk away.

I spend about ten hours just sitting there, at least according to my watch, until the others get up and begin to leave. Alex stop by the door. "It's training time, let's go." I slowly stand up to follow him.

People were already training when we reached the area. Cole grinned when he saw us. Others moved out of the way for us, many giving me curious looks. "Andy, it's to see what you can do." He avoided touching me as he led mo to a guy twice my size. "This, is Mark. You, are going to fight him." Mark has a smirk and looks like he's ready to kick my ass. Cole moves to the side. "Begin."

Mark is moving fast as lighting and tried to get a good grip on my head. I manage to move behind him grab his head and slam him to the ground. (Think like when Felix does that to edward in new moon) Most of his face cracked. The whole thing took less than ten seconds.

Cole claps. "Impressive. You do have talent, some more training and you can take one of the leadership role." Mark lookes pissed when he gets up but doesn't say anything, instead he goes to fight someone else. I move back a little when Cole pats my shoulder. "You know what, i am going to train you myself."

Time skip

After three weeks training Cole put me in position of a few newborns younger than me.

My job was basically to make sure they don't actually piss anyone off and get themselves killed or that they kill someone. It wasn't the easiest job but i managed.

Alex continued to be the only one talking to me. Well, except from Mark. Apparently i hurt his pride so he started harassing me at every chance he got. Every time i could feel my temper grow worse with him, like it was boiling under my skin.

One of the newborns, Jessica, sat talking to Nikki. Nikki and Jessica stuck together after being changed.

After another week i got to experience real battle. It was quite gruesome, body parts flying, bites and cracks adorning my skin after. Only the cracks healed, the bite marks stayed. We were victorious in every battle. Most of the newborns i looked after died in battle. Not that i really cared.

The day after one battle Mark tried to take a swing at me with my back turned. Panic fills me until he starts screaming in pain and everyone moves away from me. I look at my hands and see them on fire. It doesn't hurt though and i watch in fascination as Mark burns alive.

Third pov

To the other in the army the redheaded girl was a mystery, she didn't talk much, understandable for a newborn, but whenever anyone asked her something about herself she would never answer, no one knew where she came from.

It would be impossible for her to have been changed by Cole as she just appeared when him and two others were out. It was well known that Mark had a dislike for her after she won over him. The harassment was also obvious and anyone could see her growing hate for him. The reason Cole hadn't tried to put a stop to anything was now very clear as she stood like a burning torch before Mark as he burned.

Cole had a scary gift when it came to finding people with talents and it seemed he was right this time too.

The fire didn't seem to harm her. Cole arrived at the place and looked on in awe at the redhead. "Well I'll be damned." He mutters under his breath. He approaches the now skittish newborn that had caught on to everyone staring at her. "Andy? Do you think you can, turn that off?" He asked curiously. Once he saw that her attention was on everyone else he barked out. "Return to your posts!"

They followed his orders, they might be curious but not enough to risk being the list of people he wasn't happy with. Now most of her attention was on Cole. "Take a deep breath and try to calm down." She did as instructed and the fire started disappearing. After a few minutes it was all gone. "What happened?" He asked curiously.

"Mark tried to kill me and i, guess i freaked out..." Her eyes went to the ashes that used to be a vampire.

Cole had an amazed look. "Come on, i think you've deserved a meal."

Vote and tell me what you think :)