Chapter 29: Confessions

☮Charlotte's POV☮

I could feel my heart shatter to a million small pieces. I tried to swallow the big lump in my throat but it was useless.

My body shook as I tried to hold back a sob that was threatening to leave my mouth.

How could he?

Right in front of me was one of the worst things anyone could do to me.

It was Drew.

And Vanessa.

His lips were on hers with his hand on her waist and hers in his hair.

I let out a whimper that I couldn't hold back causing Drew's head to snap in my direction.

My cheeks were now covered in tears that I couldn't hold back anymore no matter how hard I tried.

My body shook and my brain couldn't register what I just saw.

The only thing I could think of is, 'How could he?'

I couldn't find the proper words to even say that would express how broken I felt.

"Charlotte, this isn't what it looks like, I swear," Drew said.

"Oh really. Which book did you get that from?" I retorted, "How could you?"

My voice was so close to cracking, a sob waiting to be released.

"You don't want me? Fine! I hope you guys live happily ever after!" I exclaimed and turned around running away.

Tears started blocking my vision and I had to stop at a tree to recollect my thoughts.

My heart ached so badly and it felt like nothing could possibly make it better.

It's like broken glass, you can't mend the pieces back together.

I really thought I could trust him.

But then again what am I compared to his precious little Vanessa.

Me and my stupid self just had to fall for him.

I warned myself a hundred times but my stupid heart just wouldn't listen.

I felt someone hold my wrist and turned to look at Drew.

"Charlotte, please hear me out," he pled.

"What do you want me to hear you jerk? The fact that you never really liked me?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, I swear I do," he said.

"Yeah sure. That's why you were kissing her right?" I asked.

"You know what hurts the most? It's the fact that you lied to me when I asked you if you still loved her. At least then if you told me I would be gone and not heartbroken the way I am now. You should have told me before-" I stopped myself.

"Before what?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter anymore," I said wiping my face.

"Before what Charlotte?"

"Nothing!" I said.

"Tell me!" he commanded.

"Before I fell in love with you, you jerk!" I exclaimed angrily kicking his knee.

He let out a grunt before replying, "I love you too."

"No you don't. You love her," I answered.

How dare he say that after what I saw?

"Do you really think that if I loved her I'd be chasing after you? She is my past and she had already cheated on me so I'd be stupid going back to her but you're my future and you've never given me a reason not to trust you and I'd be stupid to let you go. I love you Charlotte more than anyone I've ever loved. I love you," he confessed.