Chapter Two - What Happens When You Make A Girl Angry (ADDISON)

[Right, I'm here with my writers fuel - aka coca-cola - and only a minor case of writers block. Let's do this!]

Well, after a month of painful and exhausting travel, I've found them.

I hope. The God-forsaken dæmons are still a few minutes behind me, so I've got to be quick. I may be Addison Falconer Neale, master of air, famous Elementalist, but even I have trouble finding 'the One who shall save us all'. Or destroy us, I might add.

I can't be sure who it is yet, but I've always hoped that it's a girl. Maturity and brains over boneheaded brawn.

Which is really rather off topic, but I can't help getting distracted when I'm in a rush. Which can lead to mistakes, which I can't afford at the moment. So let's focus on finding the Chosen.

I'll have to revert to Plan B pretty quick if they don't agree to Plan A. Plan B: drag them along with me and convince them when we're back at base. But obviously, Plan A comes first: talk to them and convince them to come with me.

It's not that I'm bad at persuading people, but usually, I have time to get to know them and their style of talking and not have slavering beasts coming after me at full pelt.

It's not my fault I was snarky towards some shopping assistant! They were taking a long time, and I was impatient. How was I supposed to know that they were a flying carnivore? And I'm off topic again!

It doesn't matter though, because I can feel the heat of the aura already. It's pulsing through the white, shifting sand, the crisp warm air, the gently lapping ocean.

And there he is. Yes, a he. Upsetting, I know, but I can work on it. He's broad-shouldered, maybe not as muscular as I'd hoped, but slim. He seems tall, with long arms and legs, short brown hair, wearing a white tee and khaki shorts. No shoes. Apparently just relaxing at the shore, lying back on his hands against the sand, facing the glaring sun. No doubt, trainable. Now, how do I go about explaining this to him?

I do the only thing that seems natural after coming up behind him unannounced. Announce myself by clearing my throat. Loudly.

He practically jumps out of his skin when he hears me and, after a moment scrambling on his back, he flips over and stands up straight, a fine layer of sugary sand over his clothes and hands. A heartbeat after looking me up and down he sighs in relief.

"Sorry 'bout that - I, uh, thought you were someone else," he says.

Oh, great. He's American. I inwardly groan in frustration. I've had bad experiences with Americans; they've either wanted me dead, or they've wanted me. It's just a trend that I've noticed, but most of them are just stupidly nasty.

I know that I'm giving off a super bad vibe here. I just don't like Americans. Simple as.

[I personally don't share these beliefs with Addison. I have some great friends I met on Wattpad that are American. Just a disclaimer.]

I quickly blurt out, "Hi."

I know it's not to the point, but how else would you start this conversation? "Sorry to bother you, but you're the saviour of all Elementalists, and I need you to come with me to start your training. Oh, and I've got some ugly monsters chasing me right now! Let's go!"? Of course not!

"Look, if my brothers sent you, just punch me already," he says wearily. "I ain't gonna stop you." I frown at him, confused.

"Your, uh, brothers didn't send me. I was sent to find y-" I pause before tentatively finishing, "someone important."

"Important?" he scoffs. "Definitely not me then."

"Why would you think that?"

"You know nothing about me. If my brothers didn't send you, I'm not interested, because I'm living the same day over and over, and how do I wake up every single time? Wet!"

Wet? I frown. It's a sunny day, not a cloud in sight. You know what? I'm not gonna ask.

"You might as well go away, then!" His voice rises to a yell. "No-one here but me, and I sure as hell aren't who you're looking for!"

That's it. This guy may be dealing with a hell of a lot of stuff, but I've been travelling a month, searching, being chased, attacked, and more, and all this guy is doing is holding me up! That does it.

I grab his wrist and flip him onto his back. The sand around where we crash ripples away from us like a shockwave, leaving us in a pit maybe a metre and a half deep. Whoops. I step back. Overdid that slightly. He sits up, coughing up sand. He pushes himself to his feet, glaring at me. He takes a step towards me, scowling angrily before realisation crosses his face and his frown is substituted for an expression of shock.

"What the hell? How the- how did you do that?" He pauses, slightly out of breath. Coming to a conclusion, he stammers, "You're crazy!"

He grabs his rucksack and starts struggling at the edge of the pit to get out.

Goddamn it.

Plan B, then.

{EOC}

Yup! Done. The two main characters are now known. Whaddaya think? Is Addison crazy? Will Jason cooperate? Leave what you think in the comments! Also, vote, share and add to your library to keep updated with the story!