Chapter Twenty-Four - Meeting Adjourned (ADDISON and CALLUM)

[Shoutout to all my friends on Wattpad: letiabazi, DuzMeister, Pinkspider48, Phoebeanie, mehreen_1234, faz2001 and NCIS_addict. Check them all out! I'm not too good when it comes to answering shoutouts, so this is impressive for me.]

{ADDISON}

On that bombshell, I left the hall to crash the Fitness Training session.

"Hey, Addy. Whatcha doing here?"

"I don't know if Hedge'll be up for the rest of the day," I reply, unconcerned.

"What did you do?" Claire asks suspiciously.

"I didn't do anything. It was Jason who scared the joggers off him."

Claire stared at me, mouth agape.

"And he started so well..."

"Am I hearing correctly? Addison Falconer Neale - the person who almost broke Lesley Mott's skull to help a kid she'd never met, the person who can float glasses of water and pour them onto people's heads, the person who is idolised by over half of the population of Elementalists - let someone else beat up the hog that is supposed to be teaching the class we're currently a part of?" Callum pauses, taking a deep breath. "And not only that, but let an unskilled, untrained, not even slightly unkind person take her place? And is now standing here, when she honestly should be dragging his unconscious ass to the hospital?"

I hesitate, counting on my fingers. "Yes. Anyway, how the hell did you get so much from so little?"

"I simply filled in the gaps. And you aren't hauling his unconscious ass to the hospital?"

I explain what had happened as soon as they'd left the two of us behind.

"I... so... Jason used his element?"

"For the last time: yes!"

"That's... highly unusual." The soft voice of the Elder murmurs from behind the three of us. Callum physically jumps in shock. Claire chuckles softly.

"Are you telling me that Mr. Hedge is incapable of teaching yet another class?"

"Yup."

"And Mr. Smith is the reason?"

"Uh-huh."

"And I missed French toast for breakfast?"

"Ye- wait. What?"

He laughs. "Making sure that you were paying attention."

"Elder! Not cool." I narrow my eyes at him. "And, as a matter of fact, yeah, you did miss toast day. We don't have a French toast day!"

"Well, we'll just have to change that then."

I run a hand through my hair, sighing. "He needs training. And fast.

"His fighting skills are almost nonexistent. He'll need some overall training, too.

"But, it seems to me that his element is maturing at an alarming rate. I've never seen someone so confident on their first try."

"Fine. Who'll take what?"

"I'll take him for physical training," I say. "I'm the best fighter here."

Claire nods, and adds, "I'll help him with, you know, mental training. Unlike Addy, I don't think I'll put as much pressure on him."

"Then that leaves me with element control. If he can't limit himself, he's gonna hurt himself."

"Well then," the Elder claps his hands together, "meeting adjourned."

{CALLUM}

The girls get the cool jobs. All I have is pretty much meditation.

Everyone goes through a stage of elemental development in which they accidentally use it when overcome by a strong emotion. The Great Fire of London was caused by the only fire Elementalist at the time. He was angry at a young boy who was trying to steal some bread and the anger became the better of him. He was not recruited because he hid it well. Unfortunately, he never went through the training required to keep your anger in check. This caused the destruction of most of London. Whoops.

By the sounds of it, Jason is only able to use his when angered. Not too good. But when it comes to the basics, life is good in the Elementalist world. No fighting, no problems as of yet. All is good.

But with our luck, it's not going to stay like that.

{EOC}

Also I just want to do a quick shoutout for JunoMeep and SamBojangles for being awesome and random and the ones who gave me 20 followers. Give them and their books a well earned glance or two! Short update (I know Pinkspider48 ) but I want this out NOW.