Chapter Six - Little Kids Are Strong! (ADDISON)

[Thanks again for the 100 reads. You guys ROCK!]

He got there faster than I expected, I'll admit.

He turns the key and opens the door, stepping back with a mocking gesture: 'ladies first'. I roll my eyes at him and push past him into the dark corridor. When he walks in, the door closes with a decisive click. I find the light switch and flick it. The ceiling lamps turn on, casting a warm glow.

"Addy!" A squeal emanates from the room to the left of us as the door crashes open and a force crashes into my legs. I laugh, picking up Joey by the ankles and holding him upside down. He giggles and says, "Put me down! Put me down!"

I laugh and place him on the floor, him still giggling uncontrollably. Sally and Tom are standing in the doorway, Tom sighing and rolling his eyes, Sally trying not to laugh. And failing. Tears running down her face, shaking with laughter, she dashes forward to give me a hug.

I pick her up, too, and hold her like a baby as she starts squirming. "Addison! I'm ten years old, you know!"

"You'll always be an ittle wittle baby to me!" I reply in a childish voice. As she manages to squirm out of my arms, Tom takes the opportunity to say hi.

"We were getting worried! You said you'd be back soon!" Classic Tom, straight to the point.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'll make sure I keep to schedule next time I go on a dangerous quest," I reply, sarcasm laced in my words. "I'm expecting you to be ready for your first training session soon, yeah?"

"One week and I'll be there!"

He salutes, turns on his heel and walks back into the Game Room. I know that he's ready, has been for a while, but we have to wait until they're at least eight years old to start with big weapons and stuff. Kid was ready as soon as he could hold a knife. Reminds me of me when I was younger. Minus the constant worrying.

I realise Jason's staring at me. Sally's watching him in return.

"Is this an intruder?" she asks, looking him up and down.

"'Fraid not, Sally. This is Jason."

"Is he... the one you were telling me about?" Sally's always been an inquisitive one; she can get anything out of anyone.

"I hope so! If not, that was a huge waste of my time. Go talk to him, he'll answer your questions," I say. "He doesn't bite!"

I laugh to myself as she nods solemnly and goes up to him. Her blonde hair is up in a ponytail with a plain blue hairband. She gave up bobbles and pink years ago. She's the first in a while - since me, in fact. She tends to dress like me, and today's no exception. She's wearing a simple white long sleeve, some Levi's, and black converses. Like looking in a slightly younger mirror. She's already talking Jason's head off, but he seems okay with it. He's chuckling to himself and nodding.

I go into the game room to check out what the boys are playing. Probably FIFA. Maybe Little Big Planet. They'd better not have beaten my high score on Just Dance...

{EOC}

For those who thought I am not modern, HA. A) I have an iPad, B) I know all games and brands listed above and C) I am the next generation! Albeit an old fashioned new generation. But still! Comment, vote, share and put in your library to keep updated. See you next chapter. Peace out.