Faded Smiles #17

Aryl's POV

Days had passed and I'd notice that she was avoiding me. I'm back with my old self. No cleaning of the house, no physical pain from her, no sarcastic laugh, but I'm like the air that they don't know that exist.

It's been days but what she said that day is still fresh to my mind. And my mind starts to ask things. I thought I know myself. I thought I know who am really I. But I was wrong, only the bluff that I am the heiress of the famous Mr. Rodrigo Torres is the only thing I know to myself.

I'm like in the big puzzle maze that the only prize is the truth about myself.

My sarcastic laughs filled my silent room as I remember the spoiled and princess-like Aryl.

Am I really that princess?

Or I am a literal poser?

"Oh yes, Aryl. You are not a Torres. Your life is full of lies. Yes, Aryl, you are a poser!" my mind answers my own questions that made my tears fell.

I didn't notice that I literally broke my pen that I am holding because of the force I have and the page of my book is wet because of the tears that are falling.

I'm sitting and reading my science reviewer that Miss Arabella gave but the tears that fell were traitor enough to betray my focus.

I bit my lower lip as I move up my head to control that traitor, but it doesn't like what I wanted. It does not stop.

I wipe the tears off to my face and take a breath before going back to what I'm doing.

But my focus left me when my phone started to vibrate, so I grab it and look who is calling.

And my heart raced as I read who's the sender. It is from Timothy, the campus President.

I bit my lower lip as I press the red button and my eyes automatically rolled as I read what he texted.

From: Timothy
Do you work on NASA?

I immediately type my reply."Why?" and put my phone on my table.

My phone beeps after a minute and I just felt that my lips are now forming a smile.

From: Timothy
"Because your beauty is out of this world."

I take a deep breath and compose myself as I type my reply.

To: Timothy
You know Mister, you are so corny!

From: Timothy
But that corny thing makes you smile.

I rashly glance at my room sides and I can't see Timothy around and my eyes settle with my phone when it vibrated again.

From: Timothy
Trying to find me?

I sigh in annoyance. The butterflies in my stomach earlier are gone because of his ignorance.

To: Timothy
Are you stalking me?

From: Timothy
Hahaha. No of course not. Try to look at your window.

I glanced at the windows in front of me, and then I saw him, silently watching me with a smile tattoed on his face.

I quickly looked back at my phone and send my reply to him.

To: Timothy
What are you doing there?

As I compose a message for him, I tried to divert my attention to my book even though half of me really feel his eyes looking at me intently.

After a minute my phone beeps again so that I grab it and read his message.

From: Timothy
I am your neighbor.

My heart pumped as my eyes blink many times trying to read again because of disbelief.

My memories automatically harken back to my mind as the first time we met.

Oh right, Aryl. How can he go to this house without a car? Your house is in the center of this subdivision.

I bit my lower lip and shut off my phone to avoid disturbance.

Half of an hour passed and I heard a small tingling sound in my balcony. My heart beats fast as my sweats are now forming on my hands as I timidly stood up and walk carefully trying to don't make any form of noise. I grab the broom that was leaning on the wall and quickly diverts my attention to the balcony's door that is now making a sound as if there is someone who's trying to open it.

I took a deep breath to remain my calmness as I slowly unlock the balcony's door and open it timidly.

My eyes widen and my jaw dropped as I saw the man who makes me nervous a while ago.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I open the door would for him to enter.

He bit his lips and scratch his head like a puppy who's pure of shyness "You turned off your phone and you didn't reply. I am worried that something came up so I hurriedly went here."

I glanced at the table where my reviewers are laid to show him how busy I am and I saw how his face turns into a tomato.

"I'm sorry if I bothered you. I-I... I think I s-should... I should go." he said while playing with his lips and gently rub his tomato ears that make me uplift my cheeks unintentionally.

I looked at him and smile, "No, stay here. I have questions with my reviewer and since you are my partner, I think I should ask you, right?"

He swallows deep before looking at me with his eyes sparkling like a diamond, " Sure! What is it?"

I walk gracefully to my side table and get the reviewer piece and gave it to him.

I scratch my brow and smile timidly to him, "It's about meiosis."

"Hmm. Okay." He scans the two-piece of paper he is holding and looked at me after as he smiles without his eyes.

"Why this guy is so handsome? "

"I don't know either. Try to ask my parents about that." He laughs as he looks at me with a malicious grin.

"W-what... What are you talking about?" I glanced at another direction as my face burns because of shyness.

He laughs and my head cringed as his laughs became music to my ear."Nothing. Just answering your question."

What did he say? Did I ask it out loud? I was poking my self on my mind and closed my eyes at the second hand embrassment I was feeling.

***
To be continued...