Faded Smiled #28

Aryl's POV

I was a zombie-like human while walking timidly to our home, not minding the vehicles that were passing by. My mind was clouded with happy memories with my Dad, my stepdad.

I sighed as my tears are starting to fall again. I harshly took off to my cheeks and close my eyes that were coated with sadness.

"Aryl." Timothy hugged me from behind but I harshly moved his arms away and avert my attention to him. Guilt and sadness are visible in his eyes.

"What? What do you want? You made me a fool! You made me believe in you! You made me trust you!" I clenched my teeth. Not minding his eyes that were full of loneliness.

"It's not what you think it is! It is not like that!" desperation was written on his face. Desperation to make me believe in every line he would say.

"Do you think I will believe you for the second time around?" I smirked. "
You must be kidding me! I must die than believe on your lies and pretensions, again!"

"But I didn't lie when I said I like you. " His eyes were swollen like mine, not leaving my gazes. No! Not this time.

"You must be a bigtime liar." I beamed disappointedly as I turned around.

"That is true! I didn't lie when I say I like you." Oh really! Great! I'm fucked up!

I shooked my head and my laughs filled the whole garden.

My eyes were burning in anger as I stood up next to him. "Can you please stop that pretensions of yours, it sucks. Bigtime!" I tried to stop the tears from falling but it didn't turn out as what I want.

He harshly closes our distance and leans me to the nearest wall without breaking our eye connection. "What I said is true. What I feel is true, but sadly, I can't. I can't let this feeling grow!"

I sharply looked at his eyes, "why? If that's true, tell me why ?" I shouted with my lungs as I punch his massive chest with my trembled hands.

He let me punch him until I broke down. My knees were shaking that cause me to kneel in front of him. My tears were falling from my eyes as I bit my lower lip to suppress my emotions.

His silhouette traps the sunrays. He kneeled in front of me and hold my chin to uplift it. He wiped the tears that were on my face and gently lean forward to kiss my forehead. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Is it enough to erase the pain? It is enough?" I asked without breaking our eye contact.

"I wanted to. I wanted to fight for you but I can't. I can't!" He frustratedly messed his hair as his bloodshot eyes were looking at me.

"Why? Just tell me why?" I screamed.

"Because I am your brother! Because we are siblings! You are his long lost daughter!" he gritted his teeth and nervousness ate me when he suddenly punched the wall beside my face that made me close my eyes because of sudden fear.

What the fuck did he say?

My eyes widen in shock, looked at him with disbelief as a tear fell from swollen eyes.

"W-what... What do you mean by that?" I stuttered.

"You heard me right. You are my sister. My father is your father," he coldly answered as he stood up and turned around to walked out but I am too fast to stood and hold his arms firmly.

"Answer me first. H-how... How did that happen?" my father is the one who killed my mother's husband.

He killed my knight.

My biological father killed my knight, my protector.

"The thoughts that were now lingering on your mind are true. He is the one who raped your mother and also, he killed your stepdad." He consciously bit his lips as he looked at my swollen eyes.

I glanced at him using my swollen eyes. "Why did he do that? Why?" I shouted with my full strength.

He just shrugged his shoulders and stormed out. My knees bent as my waterfalls tears are now falling.

I was left dumbfounded.

"Aryl!" I was back with my senses as I heard a familiar voice.

My mom.

I saw how she looked devastated as she walked towards me and hugged me suddenly.

The shoulder part of my blouse is slowly getting wet as I felt my mom shrugged her shoulders. I tried to see her face and I felt pang on my chest as I saw how devastated she was.

"What happens, mom?" I caressed her cheeks to wipe the tears with my trembled hands.

"Your uncle Rommel---" she can't finished her sentence because of her tears that was like a faucet of water.

I guided her with care to our house and sitted to the couch in the living room. I roamed around and saw no one, that's why I stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water for her.

"Here, mom. You need to calm." I lend her the glass of water and she drinks it rashly.

She looked upset as I held her hand and caressed it. "Can you now tell me what happened? Where's Uncle?"

"He just collapsed and everything is unclear," she sighed trying to talk but her lump didn't let her.

"Is he sick?" I asked again with confusion. I don't know, he is just enjoying his stay here and made fun of me every day.

She just shrugged her shoulder while her eyes were on our carpeted floor.

I can't ask her about that. She suffered a lot these times. And I don't want to burden her more.

"Everything will be alright, mom.  I'll make sure of that." I caressed her cheeks as another tear fell from her eyes.

"Thank you, my Princess." She suddenly hugged me real tight that made my tears to fall.

Not because I am hurt, but because I am happy.

Is this real?

Am I dreaming?

****
To be continued...