Defense Against the Dark Arts

It was the day after the arrival of the Durmstrang and Beauxbaton students. Sadly enough, we still needed to go to class. Our first lesson today was DADA with Moody and I honestly wasn't looking forward to it. Something isn't right with Moody since the last time I saw him. 

"Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror. Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end."

 Harry gave me a confused look and I shrugged.

 "When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" He asked the class.

 "Three, sir." Hermoine answered.

 "And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of them will....." Hermoine was cut off by Moody.

"They will give you a one way ticket to Azkaban, correct." He wrote everything down on the chalkboard. I looked at his face and he seemed so aggressive and angry. "The Ministry says you're to young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared. You  need to find another place to put your chewing gum, Mr. Finnigan!" Moody yelled, while facing the chalkboard. Everyone turned to Seamus.

"No way. The old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus whispered.

Moody turned around and threw a piece of chalk towards  Seamus. "And hear across classrooms!  So which curse shall we see first?" He asked while looking at me. He had a very intimidating look on his face and I leaned back a bit. This wasn't the Alastor I knew, not at all even. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned my head to see Draco smiling reassuringly.

"Very touching." Moody spoke. I snapped my head back at him. "I know this isn't you Alastor. You're different than this." He looked at me whit a look of shock in his eyes. This nearly confirmed it that this wasn't the real Moody. 

"Weasley!" He boomed.

 "Yes?" Ron squeaked.

 "Stand." Moody ordered. Ron slowly looked up and looked Moody in the eye.

"Give us curse." 

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." He stuttered.

"Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." He turned around and walked towards his desk. 

He grabbed some sort of spider out of a pot and pointed his wand at it. "Engorgio." He spoke and the spider grew 3 times it's size. "Imperio." He said and the spider squeaked. Moody pointed his wand at the front desk. The spider jumped onto the desk and crawled closer to the student who sat there. He pointed his wand towards Vincent and the spider flew up to him and crawled over his head. He pointed his wand towards Ron and the spider flew above his head. Ron whimpered in fear. Moody dropped the spider and Ron cried in fear. He was still afraid of spiders.

Draco was laughing hysterically and the spider, suddenly, landed on his face. Moody let the spider jump into my desk and I stared down at the creature. I couldn't laugh, not even smile.

 "Please, help me." The spider pleaded. I put my finger in top of the spiders head and it seemed to relax.

 "What shall we make her do next? Drown herself?" Moody pointed towards a bucket full of water, but the spider didn't flew off my desk. Moody stopped and looked at me. I was staring directly in the spiders eyes, not allowing Moody to do anything to it.