The Yule Ball

The next morning, the six of us were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast. I kept glancing over at the Slytherin table. Every time Draco and I would make I contact we would smirk or blush. I looked over at Harry who was looking towards the Ravenclaw table. I looked over his shoulder and saw that he was staring at Cho. She smiled and Harry smiled back, causing his drink to sip out of his mouth. I laughed at him and I got a glare back.

"Smooth, Harry. Smooth." I laughed. Hermoine suddenly slammed down the newspaper she was reading. "I can't believe it, she's done it again." She complained. 

"Miss Granger, a plain and ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, as some report, is non other that the Bulgarian bonbon, Victor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking the latest emotional blow." She read. 

"She has said also something about you, (Y/N)." Samira started to read the article.

"(Y/N) Hydra, a mere girl from 13 years old, has entered the Triwizard tournament, along with Harry Potter. The reasons on why entering aren't really clear by Mr. Potter, but by Mrs. Hydra it's overwhelming. The young heir from the Hogwarts founders has entered to win over the heart of her boyfriend, the one and only Draco Malfoy. She believes that if she wins the tournament she will convince her boyfriend to stay with her the rest of her life." Samira read. 

"What the hell?! I told her that, that wasn't the case!" I exclaimed. I cursed her under my breath, but got ripped away from hating on her by a young Gryffindor. 

"Parcel for  you, Mr. Weasley." The young boy said, handing Ron a box.

"Thanks, Nigel." The boy, who's name was Nigel, turned to me and Harry. "Not now, Nigel. Later." Ron shooed him away and I gave Ron a questioning look.

"I told him I'd get Harry's and (Y/N)'s autograph." I shook my head and went back to my toast. "Oh look, mum send me something." Ron exclaimed. He opened the box and grabbed a really ugly robe out of it.

"Mum send me a dress." He breathed out.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Harry, is there a bonnet?" I asked. Harry grabbed the bonnet out of the box and held it up to Ron's neck. "Nose down, (Y/N)." 

"Ginny, these must be for you." Ron said, while walking up to her.

"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." Hermoine and I laughed at Ron's stupidity. "Ron they're not for Ginny, they're for you. Dress robes." I told him. 

"Dress robes? For what?"

-------------------------------------------

 After breakfast the 4e to 7e year Gryffindor's were called into a small hall. The boys were on the right side of the room, girls on the left. Professor McGonagall was in the middle of the room, next to a gramophone.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance." McGonagall explained. All the girls started whispering and the boys groaned. 

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." She boomed.

I looked over to the other side of the room and saw Fred and George repeating McGonagall's last sentence. I laughed silently and I nudged Samira, then pointed towards the twins.