The Final Moments of Alaska Young

Hey guys! This is the first story I've ever posted on the site, so please comment and give me feedback!

        I have to hurry. Alaska sped down I-65, heavily intoxicated and attepting to avoid hitting the cars all around her. I'm such a fuck-up, she repeated to herself over and over again in her mind. She had to givethe flowers to her mother, or else she would never escape the labyrinth. Up ahead she vaguely acknowleged flashing lights on the road. They kept getting closer, but she thought she could make it. It didn't look like it was in her lane. She slammed her foot into the gas pedal and jolted forward.

        But the cruiser was in her lane. She collided with the vehicle head-on, and she flew forward. Her chest and the wheel crashed into one another, and she heard a sickening crack. Excruciating pain spread quickly throughout her chest. It burned like hellfire, the tendrils of flame licking at her lungs and stealing her breath away. She could feel it, her vitals quickly shutting down. The whole event occurred in maybe ten seconds, but to Alaska Young it felt as if it lasted an eternity.

        So this is how it ends, she thought hazily to herself, unable to move. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an officer rushing toward her. But it was already too late, her heart had already quit beating. The light and excitement had gone from her eyes, her breathing had stopped entirely. But Alaska herself hadn't left yet. She thought to herself about the only few people just five miles away from her, sitting on their asses, thinking happily how she'd be back soon. She inwardly smirked. Too bad for them, she wouldn't be returning ever again to that shitty school. Cute, sensitive Pudge crossed her mind, and the smirk went away entirely. Too bad she had a boyfriend, else she might have loved him.

        Alas, the longest ten seconds of her life were almost to the close. She couldn't close her eyes, and her pain had numbed to nothingness. She just stared down at the dashboard as life ebbed away from her bones. The curtain was almost drawn for good. Sorry, no last words for you Pudge.

        And she was gone.