❥ eleven

calum had been calling and texting sage all week, and she'd been ignoring him.

sage

hey, wanna grab dinner tonight?
read
sage??
read
why are you ignoring me?
read
sage, answer me please.
read

he'd been with enough women by now that he was sure sage wasn't only hanging out with him for fame - those girls would've fucked him and left, but she was different. he was confused as to what had caused sage to be this angry with him, because he couldn't think of anything he'd done wrong. marlee's text was cryptic, and she wasn't answering him either, so he figured the only way to figure it out was to see her face to face.

sage

although she was a timid girl, sage never let herself get worked up about a boy. the boys she'd dealt with in high school had been traumatizing enough that she had put up a wall in all boy-related matters, so she wasn't exactly sure why seeing calum with another girl was making her feel like there were bricks in her heart. marlee had been comforting her as much as she knew how to, but with both girls in class all day, it was hard to physically be there for sage.
on thursday, she was feeling better and was sitting down for a movie marathon with marlee when the pizza arrived. she got the pizza, paid and sat down just a moment before the doorbell rang yet again. assuming it was todd, the pizza guy, and that something was wrong with the order, sage opened the door to not todd, but calum. all he got out of his mouth was "sage, can we talk" before she mustered up every ounce of emotion she'd felt in the last week and slammed the door in his face. stunned, calum stood in silence for a moment before starting to knock on the door, getting louder each knock.

worried he would anger the neighbors, sage opened the door and found the face of calum starting back at her. "sage, what's going on? i thought everything was okay and then all of a sudden you just-"

"oh, all of a sudden i just what? i would guess 'move on', but that's what you did, so..."

for the second time that night, calum was shocked into silence. "is this about those photos of me from last week? sage, that was a publicity thing, i had to, nothing happened, really."

it was then that calum noticed the tears brimming at the edges of her eyes. "actually, don't worry about it, im overreacting, it's not a problem, honestly i just kind of figured we were a maybe-almost-sort-of thing, i thought we had something special. that's my bad, i move too fast, im sorry."

"is that what you think? oh my god sage, do you not know how i feel about you? i've never felt this was about any girl in my life! i promise, nothing happened with nathalia last week. we all went out and she was paid to come along and get the paps taking photos of me. and yes, sage, we do have something special; and i think we could be something special too."

it was at that moment that calum leaned forward, cupped sages left cheek with his right hand, and connected his lips with hers.

—-
just a short chapter so i can keep up w all the love this story has been getting lately 💕
what do you think will happen next?