The next year

There was a lot more pranks pulled from my grandad on his friends. Such as
1.) filling a blow up doll with helium and tying it to the back of your friends car to make it fly though town
2.) tying a skunk to the back of the cars that didn't get taken off till a week after it got tied on
3.) scaring me at every twist and corner of the god damn house. Anytime I reciprocated I was told I was gonna give you a heart attack. I never did thank you very much.
4.) Telling my family that he's gonna just buy all the hookers in our town to make them pissed off.
Of course I found it all humorous (except the scaring bit when he was only wearing a diaper). I finally made some friends in town and I played a lot of sports. Every one started to know me as Kate Dawg, who had a different dawg or kat nickname for everyone in school. I was in honors college classes then, which I made you proud with even if you hated the tuition payments. I hung out with my other family in town, which I know upset you sometimes. They were from my dads side, and you liked my grandma but hated my dad since he stole from you. You never liked thieves since almost everyone in life has taken from you before. I think you liked that I was upfront with what I wanted and needed. I became a weeeee but spoiled I'm not gonna lie but you indulged me. I started driving even without my license in your beat down Escalade and truck with the broken speedometer. You were always terrified I was gonna get pulled over and never let me leave town on my own.
I got drunk for the first time in my bedroom at a party I threw just for the sake of my first time getting drunk. I thought I tricked you but I didn't cus you found the bottles I threw away.
I think you were just glad I got drunk with mostly girls my age in my own house so I couldn't get caught or anything.
It was really a turning year for the both of us, we both got closer and I felt s much healthier than I ever did with friends and a steady hand behind me.
I know I scared you when we were working in the late August heat. Two feet of space for the 5'3 girl and 6'6 old man to pick up 100 pounds of metal to bolt to a bulldozer. I wasn't sweating which I found odd but I felt okay until I went inside. You checked my temp and it read 104°. I passed out on the couch for 22 hours, almost had you calling the hospital cus of my fever and sluggishness but I was just a really bad case of strep.
You started making us both drink those vitamin c packets that taste like ass every night to build up our immune systems. You were always coughing due to your awful smoking habit. I started dieting more often, even going vegan for a while. You hated it since it meant we didn't really get to eat together and eventually I went back to eating all the unhealthy stuff again.
I started asking you stupid questions that you ask someone when you first meet them and ur bored.
His dream was to one day travel the world
I think his favorite color was green
He loves dogs even if he doesn't want to admit it. We even had a choc lab that would bark at every car. He would yell "god damn it duke, shut the hell up!"
But then you fed the thing like crazy amounts of food and never hurt him so I know you liked him. Your favorite was Australian Shepherd. Your last dog was even one named Dixie after the Dixie house in ft worth where you use to practically live at.
It was funny how much I got to know about you: I never knew a lot of the other stuff until this year though.
I loved that you never made a normal day boring with your personality and wit.