chapter 03 "on the hunt"

today the students were on a field trip in order to hunt in wide open areas, Kaiser and Crona were more then happy with this! the siblings were going to show everyone what they could do, Shadow and Caiman were interested in seeing just what they could do. Amber was to busy with the mangoes her and King were eating, Cold was off doing...what ever icewings do to hunt. their teacher-a mudwing skywing crossbreed-had asked them to demonstrate their hunting tactics.

Kaiser lay in wait at one end of a a small plane watching a heard of deer, he knew his sister's approximation location. he eyed what would do good for the little friends watching, he couldn't stalk up to his target here. he had one option, that was to rush out with an explosion of sound and a burst of speed. with a loud roar the little crossbreed surged forth running full tilt, the heard began running for the forest 'that's right' he thought as he ran 'go right for big sis.' he slid around a fallen tree making sure to give the heard distance.

Crona burst from the trees, tail up and claws out! the heard began to run back towards Kaiser! 2 of the unlucky deer were killed by the sandwing, Kaiser took this chance and jumped with his claws ready! one, two, three, four of the animals fell with their necks underfoot! 'and THAT' he thought 'is how you get it done!' he dragged the 4 kills back as Crona carried her 2. Kaiser dropped one off for Caiman "a-are you s-sure?" she asked nervously "yep!" the young hybrid spoke with a smile.

he set the other down before Shadow "you are a strange one...did you know that?" Kaiser laughed nervously before winging off and dropping one off for the teacher "for me?" she asked him, the little hybrid responded with a resounding and happy *kikikiin*. the teacher giggled hearing it "thank you!" she watched as he flew off with the final kill, Crona watched from the air as Cold walked up. she was going to surprise him one way or another, she dove down with both of her kills and threw one at him. the icewing screamed as the meat hit him head on.

Kaiser looked around before bringing his wings around over his kill and cooking it on the spot, he didn't know if he could trust anyone yet. Cold glared at Crona for a while before relenting to start up a conversation "you know, you are beautiful." she looked at him un-amused "yeah, so?" she asked confused "what's a specimen such as yourself doing related to that thing?" the sandwing stopped before she could begin cooking her meal at first mad, but then she grew a charmed facade "you want to know?" she asked in a sweet tone.

she walked over to the icewing who was continuing to get nervous "well...here you go..." she leaned into his ear and yelled "HE'S MY BROTHER YOU DOLT!" to say Cold was surprised by her outburst was an understatement, she had played him for a fool and was reviling in it! she walked back over to Kaiser with her kill, after all...siblings would more often then not eat together. the teacher was laughing at what had transpired, Crona and Kaiser were much like her and her brother in a way.

the brother and sister were chatting away, telling jokes as they ate. Shadow was happy seeing this, even more so hearing the thoughts of her new friends 'so they are siblings' that was from Amber as she walked over to sit with them 'i wish my big wings was like that.' and that one was from Caiman, she looked to the mute rainwing 'oh Douches how i miss you.' King thought reminiscing on his own elder sister, Shadow walked over and sat with him "mind if i sit here?" she asked looking at him.

King had a welcoming smile letting her sit with him, they would seem to have a one sided conversation. but Shadow was indeed talking with King as his thoughts formed, telling each other of their past and interest. just as Amber, Kaiser and Crona. "Crane" the crossbreed looked down at Cold "yes?" she asked confused "why is it you accepted anything from that thing?" she lowered her head affixing the icewing with a glare "him and me are a lot alike." she spoke letting some anger be heard in her otherwise joyful tone.

Cold backed away not wanting to get another yelling, he had learnt that the first time. Crane looked back to the rest of the class, Kaiser feeling the nubs that would soon be her wings. the older crossbreed could see a slight pink tint to the dragonet's orange colored head, she held back a laugh at the sight 'mom, i just lost the bet we made at the start of the year.' Shadow looked at her from the corner of her eye confused.

Amber had a nervous smile "i bet your wings are going to be super awesome!" Kaiser said flopping back into the grass "y-yeah?" she asked nervously, Crona had a big smile "oh yeah!" she wrapped her wings around the silkwing "who knows" she whispered "he could even fall for you." the sandwing sat back with a winning grin, Kaiser sat doing his best fish impression and Amber's face had gone from orange to red. "not cool sis!" Kaiser spoke slightly annoyed as Crona was now trying desperately hard to not laugh.

'it's JUST like my older sisters all over again!' Shadow looked at Amber before smiling amused "you know King" the rainwing looked at her "you're fun to talk to!" King smiled at her, turning vibrant yellows and pinks.