chapter 6 "long road ahead"

daybreak saw the winglet come out of a cave up in the mountains across from a small forest, the sun shone on animals and other dragons going about life like any normal day "so...who's hungry?" Kaiser asked innocently "i could eat." Shadowseer spoke calmly "yeah." Cold muttered trapped in the haze of sleep "King and I will take lizards if you can find them." King nodded at Amber's words "I could eat a horse i'm so hungry." Caiman chirped "same" Crona spoke.

with that a little over half of the crew glided down the mountain 'there's more of us, we'll have lots of food!' Kaiser took a quick look around, seeing Crona and Caiman in one corner. Cold and Shadow in the other, 'this is how the warriors of old did it, together!' with a loud burst of noise and fire a few moose were sent scattering 'we only need 2.'

Shadow swept one off it's feet as Cold ripped into it, another was barreled into by Caiman with a quick a loud *SNAP* ending it's life, with a shrug Kaiser jumped on one's back ripping into it's neck as Crona stung it! Kaiser stood back observing their handy work... but then it hit him "uh...guys...." they all looked to him confused "how are we going to drag all this back?" so everyone was brought down to eat.

King and Amber didn't eat much, but that left more for their mudwing friend. Shadowseer ate casually, Caiman was wolfing down all she ate, Cold showing his snobbish nature pretended not to like the fresh kill.

the siblings however were practically ripping their food apart! the icewing stood mortified at them "you, are pigs." he looked down seeing Caiman eating while laying down in some mud "...i stand corrected, you both are savages!"

Crona looked at him with a mouth full of food and tried to speak "THREEMOONSCHEWYOURFOOD!" Cold freaked out speaking rather quick "she said "so"." Shadow chirped from behind him a full minute of silence echoed around them before Cold broke it "savages." he muttered in annoyance, Crona swallowed hard and said "you know you like it." she was grinning "you and icewings" Kaiser muttered around a large mouthful of food "KAISER!" Crona smacked him with a wing embarrassed.

Shadow took a look around, searching for Amber who was sitting on a rock in the sunlight. but the little nightwing didn't see a wingless dragonet, she saw large wings that practically glowed with reds and yellows with 2 large blue eye spots close to the tips of the larger set "Shadowseer" the nightwing shuck her head clearing her mind and snapping back to reality, seeing Amber standing over her.

"you alright Shadow?" she looked around at her friends who all wore matching concerned looks "yes" she spoke barley above a whisper "just a dizzy spell." she responded calmly 'didn't look like it.' King thought, but there was something behind the rainwing. 

a ghostly visage of a skywing with some traits of a nightwing. not only could she see him, but he could see her. 'Shadowseer' a soft, calm voice whispered at the back of her mind 'do not speak. i am here to help.' Kaiser looked to each of his friends "alright" he shrugged his wings "where to now?"

'you can't use the scepter. that object is cursed! if it is used by Kaiser, it will kill him.' Shadowseer tilted her head 'how?' she thought confused 'the dragon you know as lurk cursed it to do so.' everyone was talking among themselves, making plans 'what did i see?' she asked the dragon 'the future i am working to insure.' the dragon's kind silver eyes locked onto a bird 'the future?' she questioned 'the one where you and your friends all live, yes.' Shadow gave a sigh 'what needs to happen for that future?'