seven - hope?

"Hey Mikey, are you okay?" Cassie asks as we walk into his and Calum's room. We rushed downstairs once we found out that Michael was back.

"I have cancer, when am I ever okay?" he shrugs and laughs then adds, "But yeah, I'm totally fine. I think I can go back to fucking bitches by tomorrow"

"Michael shut up, you couldn't even get Jabie or Cassie if you tried," Luke remarks and Michael throws a pillow at him.

"If I could have an in real life reaction picture, I'd insert the 'Chikorita Used Scary Face' picture right here," Michael nods his head as we all take our usual seats.

"You guys need something better to do with your lives," I shake my head, swinging my legs back and forth as the hang off the edge of Calum's bed.

"What is there to do? We're stuck in a fucking hospital, the only thing there is to do is read, talk to each other, play FIFA, do homework, eat, and you can only deal with that for so long," Luke leans his head against the wall behind him.

"There's going to be a new girl soon," Cassie says, biting her lip. "Kelly told me this morning. This girl from the East Wing is transferring here because she's our age and there's no one else our age in that wing."

"Do you know what's her condition?" Ashton asks but our questions are answered once we see a short haired girl walking past the room with Kelly and an oxygen tank following her.

"I call dibs," Luke quickly says and we all roll our eyes.

"Luke, you can't just call dibs on a girl. What are you, 12?" Cassie rolls her eyes and sighs. "Her name's Tayler and she's been here since she was 12, I think."

"What if I want to call dibs on her," Michael says and we all roll our eyes yet again.

"You guys can't just call dibs on her. You can call dibs on who gets the first slice of chocolate cake in the cafeteria tonight at dinner, which I have already called dibs on by the way, but she's a human being, you inconsiderate little shits," Ashton crosses his legs.

"You're just saying that because you and Cassie are having your little affair thing that nobody understands what the fuck it is but we still go along with it," Luke laughs.

"Yeah but still, at least let her choose someone," Calum says, looking down and playing with his fingers.

"As stated by Luke, shut up, you have a girlfriend," Michael fiddles with his oxygen tank.

"I'm not his girlfriend," I say, looking at him.

"She's not my girlfriend," he then adds and everybody laughs.

"Well if you guys aren't boyfriend and girlfriend then that means that I can ask Jabie out on a date, right?" Luke smirks.

"No," Calum mumbles under his breath.

"But I would still kindly decline," I smile and Kelly comes in, telling us that it's time for dinner.

"I'm scared," I say while fixing my bed.

"Scared of what?" Calum stops doing his homework and looks up at me.

"Of the future. I'm not going to stay alive for very long," I say, shrugging and fixing the books by my bedside table.

"Wait repeat that once more please?" he says, his eyes getting a little wider.

"I don't feel as strong as I used to be. I think I'm finally degrading and I'm not going to get any better. Kind of sad, really."

"You can't think like that."

"I can't think the truth?"

"But there's going to be some new treatment or maybe even a cure. You can't just lose hope."

"My family's already lost hope, why shouldn't I?"

"Because you're a fighter and I love you," he says, biting his lip.

"Just do your homework, forget I said anything," I say, dismissing his comment and getting my homework out too.

"Guys once you're done fucking can you tell us so we can enter the room?" Michael says, knocking on the door and I open it, giving him a death glare. "Hey, don't give me that look, we all know that you two are fucking behind our backs."

"Maybe not fucking but at least getting more than you ever will," Calum says and Michael slaps his head when walking past him.

"Hey, you can't hit me like that!" Calum pouts.

"And why the fuck not?" Michael sits on my previously neat bed.

"I have brain cancer you dipshit."

"I have shitty lungs yet you make me waste my breath on stupid conversations like this one."

"Can you guys please shut up? Thanks," Cassie rolls her eyes, sitting on her bed and taking out her homework.

"Is it someone's time of the month?" Ashton smiles, sitting next to her and she hits him with a pillow.

"Aw funny, is it that time of the month where you want to kill yourself again?" she smiles and he raises his eyebrow.

"I'm not sure, have you not been eating again? You get cranky when you starve yourself," that comment earns another hit with a pillow but not by Cassie, by me.

"You all make me want to shoot myself!" I rolls my eyes and sigh, trying to tolerate these people.

"Hey, maybe Ashton could give you tips on that," Cassie says and Ashton hits her with a pillow.

"Can you guys take a break from insulting each other, no matter how playful it is, and actually talk about things to do because I'm really fucking bored," Luke sighs, rolling his eyes as much as I did.

"Kids, I want you do meet someone. Her name is Tayler and she's going to be staying across the hall. She your guys' age so I hope you all make her feel as welcome as you did with each other," Kelly walks in and we all stand up to walk across the hall into the new girl's room.

We stand at the doorway when she turns around to greet us.

Fuck.

She's drop dead gorgeous.